Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pekwah1's Second Sylva Striker
pekwah1

posted on 20/7/16 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well i've been replacing ball joints etc, but annoyingly i bought the wrongs ones as the tapered part is much larger for what i need:

Now sent back and i have the correct ones on order.

Other than that, have done some more tarting up and painted around the pedal box:

And then started reassembly:

Chucked the engine and gearbox back in:

And then decided to make a handbrake cover.
Not properly fitted yet as i still need to source and fit the handbrake warning light:

I'm now making a start on the wiring, seems pretty well laid out already, working out exactly what all of the colours are and which pin is which on switches is proving interesting but we will see how it goes!

pekwah1

posted on 1/8/16 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well it's been a while since i've updated this as i've been lazy...
I've spent a bit of time going over the engine and seeing if i could get it to run.
Seemed to turn over ok by hand, and looked cleanish under the rocker cover.

The carb looked a bit tired, so took it apart a bit and gave it a clean and stuck it back on.

After a bit of fettling with timing, wiring and a new rotor, i connected up a rudimentary starter switch, and with a bit of encouragement with the throttle and choke she fired up!

http://vid68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/pekwah1/Striker2/B4092687-2DAB-4F6E-B236-7BBB39DD4DF8_zps6ntmwdmj.mp4

We had a bit more of a play and got it running a bit better than this, but don't have coolant hooked up at the moment, so that's the next job along with reconnecting the throttle and clutch cables.

Brakes are bled, ready for a quick joy ride by the garages once the other bits are done!

Oh yeh, saw this on the way to the motor factors which was v.nice!

[Edited on 1/8/16 by pekwah1]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.