Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RIP George Michael
Talon Motorsport

posted on 25/12/16 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
RIP George Michael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

[Edited on 25/12/16 by Talon Motorsport]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
v8kid

posted on 26/12/16 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

[Edited on 25/12/16 by Talon Motorsport]

Can't really say I feel a loss. Actually I'm being polite - it must have something to do with being tone deaf

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 26/12/16 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Never liked his music much but he had a great voice. Sad that he couldn't be happy. The fate of many great artists.
steve m

posted on 26/12/16 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
As said above, I was not a fan, and he did live a problematic life, but he was a son, brother, etc, and the family have to live with that, also 53 is not an age were anyone should be dyeing, whether we like them or not

Why do so many superstars have such troubled life's ?
It does show that wealth can not buy happiness

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

jacko

posted on 26/12/16 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
RIP
nick205

posted on 26/12/16 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise, not a fan myself.

53 seems young though!

RIP

craig1410

posted on 26/12/16 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Well I don't mind saying that I was a huge fan and thought he was an incredibly talented singer.

Yes he had many demons and most of those are probably a result of his celebrity status so I think he deserves some empathy. It's all too easy for us non-celebs to enjoy the entertainment provided by people like George or Amy Whitehouse or Whitney Houston and then turn our backs when the fame takes its toll on them in one way or another.

Thanks George.

[Edited on 26/12/2016 by craig1410]

rm0rgan

posted on 27/12/16 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Well I don't mind saying that I was a huge fan and thought he was an incredibly talented singer.

Yes he had many demons and most of those are probably a result of his celebrity status so I think he deserves some empathy. It's all too easy for us non-celebs to enjoy the entertainment provided by people like George or Amy Whitehouse or Whitney Houston and then turn our backs when the fame takes its toll on them in one way or another.

Thanks George.

^^^This....

Saw him perform at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert many years ago and have to say, amongst that crowd he stood out as someone incredibly talented and had that 'mega star' factor so many lack. RIP George. Rest easy.

Sigs are uncool.

craig1410

posted on 27/12/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rm0rgan
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410

Thanks George.

^^^This....

Saw him perform at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert many years ago and have to say, amongst that crowd he stood out as someone incredibly talented and had that 'mega star' factor so many lack. RIP George. Rest easy.

I know the concert you are talking about and I agree 100% that it was pretty awesome!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.