Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digital Speedo/Tachometer options????
kevyo89

posted on 3/4/19 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Digital Speedo/Tachometer options????

I am finishing off my MX5 turbo-engined locost build at the moment and I am using the original MX5 loom. I have already purchased an AEM AFR gauge and an AEM Tru Boost controller/guage so I want to keep these and not consider the likes of an all-in-one Digidash etc. I am not keen on using the original clocks as they it will look a little out of place.

So, I'm after a fairly minimalist Speedometer/tachometer which is IVA compliant and I am wondering what my options are. I would like something that doesn't require a great deal of work to integrate with my current MX5 loom.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 3/4/19 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
I am also in the market.

My favourite is a speedo from Intellitronix. They are American and can be had on eBay or Summit racing.
This, a fuel gauge and a scan gauge to read the data from my ecu.

Second option for me is the etb digidash 2. Solid quality but a bit dated. And I will need seperate h@uges for boost, afr and charge temp.

Third option for me is the Race technology Dash 2 but they are very vague on if it will work with my ecu, and the interface is an extra £150. But it should show everything with out extra dials.

Fourth option a basic koso unit.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kevyo89

posted on 3/4/19 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I am also in the market.

My favourite is a speedo from Intellitronix. They are American and can be had on eBay or Summit racing.
This, a fuel gauge and a scan gauge to read the data from my ecu.

Second option for me is the etb digidash 2. Solid quality but a bit dated. And I will need seperate h@uges for boost, afr and charge temp.

Third option for me is the Race technology Dash 2 but they are very vague on if it will work with my ecu, and the interface is an extra £150. But it should show everything with out extra dials.

Fourth option a basic koso unit.



The basic koso units are actually what looks most favourable for me. I want to keep my AEM gauges so that might work best for me. I'm just not sure which Koso gauge is IVA compliant.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 3/4/19 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevyo89
I am finishing off my MX5 turbo-engined locost build at the moment and I am using the original MX5 loom. I have already purchased an AEM AFR gauge and an AEM Tru Boost controller/guage so I want to keep these and not consider the likes of an all-in-one Digidash etc. I am not keen on using the original clocks as they it will look a little out of place.

So, I'm after a fairly minimalist Speedometer/tachometer which is IVA compliant and I am wondering what my options are. I would like something that doesn't require a great deal of work to integrate with my current MX5 loom.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance



Although essentially an all in one, There are a few Acewells that are pretty minimal.

I am using an Acewell 2803.
It has Digital LCD Speedometer and tacho and Bright six.
There are some considerations about buttons that have been discussed here too.
I think it is no longer available, Russboost here may help you as he is pretty familiar with them.
HTH





Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 3/4/19 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
This is the one I am looking at.

eBay Item

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kevyo89

posted on 3/4/19 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
This is the one I am looking at.

eBay Item


That's the exact one I have been looking at as well lol

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 3/4/19 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
It looks to have the basics and is cheap and cheerfull.

I may get one and upgrade next winter if it’s crap.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 3/4/19 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I still have an unused ST700 system, if that's worthy of any consideration.
Not an LCD tachometer, but a rather good stepper motor needle display.

http://www.stackltd.com/st700.html



View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 4/4/19 at 05:12 AM Reply With Quote
It's a hansom display I just don't think I could see the mph display at any great speed with a helmet on.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kevyo89

posted on 4/4/19 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
It looks to have the basics and is cheap and cheerfull.

I may get one and upgrade next winter if it’s crap.


Do you know if it meets the minimum requirements for IVA? If so, I might take a punt on it!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Schrodinger

posted on 4/4/19 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have a veypor vr2 which is sitting unused in my garage
http://ruckn.com/veypor-vr2-install/

open to offers

[Edited on 4/4/19 by Schrodinger]





Keith

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 5/4/19 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Acewell 1600 would fit the bill, or one of the £xxx series if you want warning lights as well, or maybe the 2856


Link





Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike. I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   russbost 's Aim
johnemms

posted on 5/4/19 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXO4m_YWH7g

I use one for my mot odometer ... Description
Description






Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 6/4/19 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevyo89
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
It looks to have the basics and is cheap and cheerfull.

I may get one and upgrade next winter if it’s crap.


Do you know if it meets the minimum requirements for IVA? If so, I might take a punt on it!


I am not 100% no. But it does look ok.

It just needs to be able to permanently show the odometer doesn't it ?

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.