Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortx inboard and anti roll bar (ARB)
Andrzejsr

posted on 17/12/20 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortx inboard and anti roll bar (ARB)

Hello! I am in the process of re-building an MNR Vortx inboard with Honda CBR engine.

Had no chance to drive the car yet, but I am going to order some parts from factory (MNR) , and prefer to make one shipment due to shipping cost to Poland.
So can not drive and see if I need an ARB. To drive I need some parts first

If not especially needed then no point spending money and add some weight to the car. But my thinking is maybe it helps with tune-balancing the car and is really needed due to chassis roll and dynamic camber change ? just dont know. Had only experience witrh Westfield, where to stiff front ARB caused huuuuge understeering. No ARB - car little to nervous , ended wit softer ARB set for soft and is ok. But - different car, haevier, with highier ride height.

So - maybe someone had a chance to drive this car on track without and with ARB fitted ? - is the ARB (front) needed for this car - track use only. ?

The chasis is really stiff .The floor is flat . Springs - dont know rates yet, seems rather soft as the car was previous a road car .

Also - cant find any pictures of ARB in MNR Vortx, where are the attachement points.

[Edited on 17/12/20 by Andrzejsr]

https://aswestfield.wordpress.com/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.