Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: covered trailer hire
BenBrooks

posted on 8/2/21 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
covered trailer hire

Anyone know of any hire companies doing covered trailers in Surrey? Winner in Guildford are no more, sadly, and struggling to find anyone else.

Moving house and have to move a partially dismantled Haynes cross country. The weather's not looking like it's going to play ball. The last time I used a car cover and I will not being doing that one again!

Cheers!

andrew.carwithen

posted on 8/2/21 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I know its not trailer hire, but one of my customers unable to travel because of Tier 4 lockdown, recently used a company called Dunt Barn Logistics https://duntbarn.com/ (based in Hurst) to pick up his kit order from us in Devon. They used an enclosed shuttle type trailer.
Apparently they were delivering a vehicle to Cornwall and picked up the kit on the way back. Thus they split the cost between them.

steve m

posted on 8/2/21 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know the size of your car, but a luton van takes a complete locost, ive done it
You might have to take the nosecone off ( i didnt) and with the nose/front wheels on the tail lift, a couple of freinds lifted the back and then rolled the car forward until on the van

Getting off was the same

Choices were £20 an hour, but i dont know now

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

BenBrooks

posted on 10/2/21 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the responses - I'll have a look at transport companies again. I'd ruled them out as I thought they were going to be far too expensive but worth having a look again

Luton van won't work, I don't think. The car is complete, just having an engine swap so some body panels are off. Going to be too heavy to lift.

I remember when I took the chassis to be shotblasted in the back of a Luton! A long time ago now!

gaz_gaz

posted on 14/2/21 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
How long do you need it for and where abouts in Surrey are you?
I know someone with a sprint shuttle based at Dunsfold who i usually give £100 a day to borrow.

BenBrooks

posted on 15/2/21 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
How long do you need it for and where abouts in Surrey are you?
I know someone with a sprint shuttle based at Dunsfold who i usually give £100 a day to borrow.

Think we may be sorted now but thanks for this, will bear in mind for the future

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.