Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Male version of ford Zetec throttle pot connector
John G

posted on 9/3/21 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Male version of ford Zetec throttle pot connector

I have a Motorsport Electronics ECU with loom. My current set up has a Lumenition throttle pot together with it's own connector which I intend to cut. Is there such a plug as the same line up of male pins. I do not really want to cut in to the new loon. If not can the male pins be purchased on line?
Regards, Jon

obfripper

posted on 16/3/21 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Is the me loom for a specific zetec engine, or is it a universal loom for throttle bodies?

The early ford fittings are similar to the coil pack fitting and afaik that is a ford own design, i've never seen it as a male connector.

The later fittings are a denso design, also used on altenator 3pin plugs, there may be a compatible male connnector available but i can only source a female connector.

If it is a universal loom, then it is likely fitted with a junior timer connector, these are commonly available and used on most 80's and 90's bosch injection systems.

Dave

Edit to add:

The later zetec plugs are AMP SSC 3 pin connectors, and may be compatible with AMP Econoseal J connectors (some but not all plugs are listed as compatible) - there are male Econoseal connectors available, and are cheap enough to try.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Econoseal-Automotive-Waterproof-Multi-Connector-Plug-2-3-4-6-8-10-12-Way/133662228426

[Edited on 16/3/21 by obfripper]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.