Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 Seat Question
John Bonnett

posted on 21/9/21 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 Seat Question

Seat foams seem to be scarce for the MK1 and I wondered if seats from a later model for which foams are available are a similar size and fit the seat slider mounting of a MK1. In other words, are they interchangeable?

Thank you

John

Paul_Arion

posted on 21/9/21 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
The floor pan is the same from mk1 up to mk2.5 so should be a direct swap. Lotus Elise seats are a common upgrade from mk1 seats also.

The seat belt stalks on the mk2 models bolts to the runners whereas the mk1 has the stalk on the tunnel - other than that it should be straightforward

John Bonnett

posted on 21/9/21 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Arion
The floor pan is the same from mk1 up to mk2.5 so should be a direct swap. Lotus Elise seats are a common upgrade from mk1 seats also.

The seat belt stalks on the mk2 models bolts to the runners whereas the mk1 has the stalk on the tunnel - other than that it should be straightforward

That's great news Paul, thank you for the information

Kind regards

John

Slimy38

posted on 23/9/21 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Arion

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but do you know if the seat belt stalk mechanisms are the same? I have Mk1 stalks that I'm reusing but they're far too long, I was thinking of getting a pair of MK2 but I can't tell whether the MK1 belts will lock into the MK2 stalks.

Paul_Arion

posted on 23/9/21 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Yes the connectors on the belts are the same between mk1 and mk2 (some of the very late mk1's had the stalks on the seat frames like the mk2 / mk2.5) - its only on the mk3 that they differed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.