Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Underhanded tricks
Chris_R

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Underhanded tricks

Anyone got any dirty, sly and underhanded revenge tricks to suit unreasonable neighbours?

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Beer bottles behind the tyres??? Especially if they drive a car with more than 17" wheels.

What have they done???

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JonBowden

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
depends on what they've done

Jon

Hellfire

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Revenge is a dish best served cold, if you believe whatever it is, is worth it. IMHO nothing much deserves retaliation it only makes matters worse. I'm lucky, both my neighbours are pleasant and friendly, doesn't help you though.

theconrodkid

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
pizza and minicabs late at night,parties and anything that annoys them

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Guinness

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Starting your engine with no exhaust?

Or using your grinder at 2am?

phelpsa

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Or using your grinder at 2am?

Dont you do that anyway???

Chris_R

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Used a grinder outside and they complained about the noise. I spent 4 days clearing out the garage so I didn't disturb them and now they're complaining about me repairing my everyday car on the drive. there's no noise, they just don't like the look of it. Apparently tomorrow they're going complain to the council. Tossers!

Chris_R

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mike, if you wanna bring your car over and start it frequently throughout the course of the bank hol weekend you're more than welcome.

JoelP

posted on 23/3/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
i think a few hours (from 2am to 5am) of LOUD music would quickly persuade them what a bad neighbour really is. Then they should realise that a few bent cars arent actually then end of the world.

I have had to live with loud neighbours in the past, it makes you realise exactly what matters when you are banging on their door at 4am in your jim jams, and getting ignored.

However, i would strongly recommend not breaking the law - no threats, and certainly no mad axeman visits in the early hours.

loud music only gets you a letter from the council, it takes a serious long term disturbance to get in trouble.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tri

posted on 23/3/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
get all your friends with loud cars to come round and have a game to see who gets loudest or get the all over to change parts of their cars or just take then off and put them back on that should make them nice and happy while playing music loud so you can here it over the cars

Tri

Mark Allanson

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Write a naughty word in mustard seeds in their lawn.

Apparently it needs a rotovator to get rid of it

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

ceebmoj

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
if thay are gardeners frees bleach in an ice cube tray chuck a couple of cubes over the hege at night and by morning it will have melted and in a couple of days a patch of grass diyes. however I would recoment the music aproch. or pop round and see if you can setal it.
Peteff

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
If it's your car and your drive let them get on with it. There's nothing the council can do about it as long as you're not endangering anybody or making unreasonable amounts of noise at unreasonable times.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just ignore them that annoys them more than anything. Mine are all great except for one set of a*****. They call the police round all the time but the cops are more interested in the seven!!!! What is it how fast is it ! And will it be going to Crail or Knockhill.

Still the best is Living in the countryside its a fair walk to the shops as well as that we live on top of a hill. Driving past them when its chucking it down with freezing rain/snow/wind/gales ect gives you the best feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh when they look out of there windows at you my fav one is to wave back and say hello mrs muppet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers me up no end.

[Edited on 23-3-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

the JoKeR

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Extend the olive branch and go make amends with them.

Ha! Just wanted to see if I could type that without laughing. Fertilizer used to spell out what you think of them is one they won't notice right away. When they notice it, it's too late. Sign them up for a subscription for "Goat Lover's Digest" or some other disturbing magazine. Find their e-mail addresses and sign them up for just about every spam mail under the sun. I don't know if your mai. system allows it, but send them a bike tire, brick, or other object as postage due.

Jeff
http://www.midwestwelding.com
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/

mattpilmoor

posted on 24/3/05 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
I can lend you a couple of drum kits if you like!

Measure twice - Cut once - Still f*!K it up!

spunky

posted on 24/3/05 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Mark allonson beat me to the mustard seed one, and I love the frozen bleach idea, as long as you don't have a cat, cos that would only get the blame.

Best thing is just carry on and do what you like while staying within the law, and be really pleasant to them. An opportunity will present itself eventually.

john

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

ChrisW

posted on 24/3/05 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
Lots of very good suggestions there, but nothing offends more than crapping through the letterbox.

Chris

ChrisW

posted on 24/3/05 at 01:16 AM Reply With Quote
Just remembered another one...!

Used to know this chap just after I left college that had got on the wrong side of quite a few of my mates. We spent a couple of weeks collecting every 'freepost' coupon we could lay our hands on, filling them in with his address, and sending them off. The careers magazines that get given out to students were a good source as they contain loads of University prospectus request forms (and the returned item is usually quite heavy)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a month or so later we heard that the postman had refused to deliver his mail any more and insisted he go and pick it up the pile every day from the Post Office of which of course 99% was junkmail.

Not very enviromentally friendly I know...

Chris

Liam

posted on 24/3/05 at 01:50 AM Reply With Quote
That's excellent Chris!!

To be honest though, i'd go round, or pop a letter in the door, apologising for annoying them in the past and explaining that whilst you don't wish to annoy them further, you are within your rights to work on your car, and when you make noise it is not excessive and not at unsociable hours. You hope you can both get on, etc etc.

Then carry on and be pleasant to them - even facetiously so. If they are just genuinely miserable horrible people there will be nothing that annoys them more than you refusing to stoop to their level. An ongoing neighbourly feud is NOT a good idea if it can be avoided, trust me! Not unless you and your family are the sort of people that can rise above it, laugh it off and generally not let it bother you.

If that's the case, and they really are bas**rds and wont be reasonable, er, then let battle commence!

I like the physical attacks - bleach, mustard, junk mail, noisy visitors, but be prepared for retalliation. Could be amusing. IMO though you cant beat the phychological effects of ignoring them and rising above them.

Have fun!

Liam

[Edited on 24/3/05 by Liam]

niceperson709

posted on 24/3/05 at 03:25 AM Reply With Quote
I must say that Liam is largely right be nice to them act with in the law . all this talk of retaliation will in the end do you no good all it will do is crank up the intensity of conflict and believe me in the end no one wins . I had a disagreement with my neibour because I live at the end of a dirt road and the comings and goings of my wifes Piano students created a dust problem for them . They took to bailing up our visitors . I was nice and polite and wrote them a nice letter reminding them of the fact that they were breaking the law and that I would not hesitate to make a complaint and uphold my rights .
In the end they may not have become my best friends but they had to show me the respect as some one who won't take that kind of bullshit.
My point is that disputes between neibiours are ALWAYS bad for both parties . Write them a letter apologising for any inconvenience your actions may cause them but reminding them that you are acting with in the law and will continue to do so . As Liam has sugested be nice invite them in for a cuppa and explain what you are doing perhaps your enthuasiam for the project will rub off , at the very least they will discover that you are not some faceless toe rag but some one who is trying to be a GOOD neibiour
best wishes
Iain

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

kaymar

posted on 24/3/05 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
i think i go with liam and np on this, the last time we moved to a 60s built house. the neighbours did not give us a chance they judged us before knowing us and soon the council was questionong about the caravan on our drive and my so called part time buisness as a mechanic!!!!. Which was just my family,s vehicles. One fine saturday morning a asked a good friend if he would call round in his very old plaxton 40 seater coach complete with chimney and attempt to park it on the front garden, before hed knocked on the door the curtains were twiching by the time we finally positioned it our immediate neighbours were outside shaking heads in dissbelief. At this point i invited them all over and explained it would renmain there untill they all stopped acting so selfish and childish, i must admit it looked horendous, they all denied making complaints , however i never received any more problems infact within 18 months some of them were advising me about gardening and i was fixing there cars as and when i could. martin
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 24/3/05 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
be careful feuds can escalate very quickly to surprisingly unpleasant levels!

one of the best pranks i heard, not sure if its true, is to put expanding foam through their letter box/in letterbox. Possibly the best way to sabotage a car, is to put expanding foam in the cylinder of an engine, if you get the chance

I love expanding foam

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

clbarclay

posted on 24/3/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
On the lawn damaging ideaqs, don't forget round up or other indescriminant weed killers. I don't supose a garden centre will sell the weed killers that can stay in the ground for a year or so.

Fish under the car bonnet
If they park on the side of the road, get a wheel clamp and stick it on thier car.

A neighbour of ours has a habit of dumping his grass mowings in our hedge bottom. At one time we (family business) had half a ton of wet concrete surplus, and I reconed we should dump it in his hedge bottom.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.