Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Tuning
MickA

posted on 2/11/05 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning

Hi all can anyone over your side of the world please tell me if GTS Tuning is still in business, I have sent quite a few emails to Darren but get no replies as I'm trying to source a set of shocks and maybe floor mount pedals and whatever else I may need the I can't get here in Australia.
GTS seem to keep most of the bits I may need and on one of their site pges they state shipping costs to Australia

Cheers
Mick

locoboy

posted on 2/11/05 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

GTS are still going, I ordered some bits from Darren yesterday and got hold of him by Email and Mobile.

ATB
Locoboy

need4speed

posted on 2/11/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I spoke to darren on his mobile late yesterday. Also had reply's to my emails over the last few weeks.

Dave.

Gav

posted on 2/11/05 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Yep i spoke to Darren this morning too
ReMan

posted on 2/11/05 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=33539

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Syd Bridge

posted on 2/11/05 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Check the Yahoo Oz Locost list. There's a company up in Brisbane apparently doing an approved pedal box/pedals. And there's also a shocks dealer up there as well.
MickA

posted on 2/11/05 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all I got a reply last night from Darren and they do send to Australia. The price down in Oz is almost double that of English prices plus you have a huge variety of parts available....

Cheers and Thanks
Mick

madman280

posted on 3/11/05 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
A couple guys north of you in Queensland
Reinhold Scholz owns Whitpointer Fiberglass Ph (07)32667180 b.h
Ph (07)33594489 a.h
http://www.whitepointer.com.au/

A mate of his Rick Hargraves is a Gaz distributor Ph (07) 3285 3471
Fax (07) 3285 6292
Mob 0408 153 683 (all hrs)
http://www.whitepointer.com.au/shocks.html
GTS has a good product but be prepared to wait. He manufactures his own shocks in adjustable and non adjustable as his web site may state. As well he is a Protech shock reseller. I purchaced Protechs from him and am quite happy with the quality. Nicely finished aluminum body.
As a comparason, the price a nosecone from GTS is £80.00 + about £30.00 shipping= £120.00 = $287.357 AUD plus any duty and brokerage fees that will be payable. From Whitepointer $280 AUD plus shipping or a nice holiday for the misses and you to the Gold Coast.

[Edited on 3/11/05 by madman280]

MickA

posted on 3/11/05 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Looking at one of the sites in Oz are selling a set of shocks that look identical to the GTS style for close to $1000 inc gst and postage......buy from GTS include postage and conversion of currancy for around $700 and as for pedals well the cheapest in oz are $500 up to almost a $1000 then you still have to buy cylinders.
For the fiberglass bits yes whitepointer is the best...when I raced motorbikes I could get bits faster and cheaper from the US, so I'm hoping I can do the same from the UK and judging by the many comments on this forum I wouldn't have too many problems.
Also the Oz government has raised the import threshold to $1000 before tax is added...great...

Cheers
Mick

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.