Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Welcome to Great Britain.....police state.
ReMan

posted on 10/3/06 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
sooooooooooooooo pete....how did they take a pic of penolipie pitstop if she wasnt speeding?
goes to prove they are watching your every move

I had'nt noticed that, even though it was a full front page spread on the Wednesday evening paper I picked up.
It was obviously taken by a Mobile "Safety"Camera Van, with an operator pressing the button, so presumably they are looking to take pictures of anyone who is doing anything slightly suspicious, including using Mobile, eating applles or picking their nose, as well as just ordinary speeding! So be careful.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

NS Dev

posted on 10/3/06 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wonder if they get pics of me giving them the finger, very carefully making sure that both my hands are on the wheel at the time!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

steve_gus

posted on 10/3/06 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
The speed camera myth

Im not a fan of speed cams, but it does annoy me when the reason against is always given as they are just tax revenue generators. Thats quite frankly bollox.

I think its just the govenment taking a simplistic easy route at reducing road casualties on the basis of speed.

Look at the numbers. Just road tax for example.

There are 28m vehicles on the road. Some have cheap tax, like bikes, some have mega tax like trucks. Lets assume they are all like my diesel at 130 quid.

so, thats 130 x 28m quid = 1040m pounds a year from road tax.

Speeding fines are 60 quid. There are what - 1m fines a year? Thats 60m quid.

Not a lot really. And out of that they have to fund 3,500 speed cams, hundreds of laser vans, and the assholes that run them and the whole scheme.

And with it you get a lot of bad publicity and make about £1.50 on the deal.

the numbers dont add up as a 'speed cams are only there to make money' argument.

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.