Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Trader status justification
Fozzie

posted on 19/1/08 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
Surely its not much to ask for, i dont know how much it costs to become a trader but it cant be 100's of pounds or iam i wide of the mark.

For those interested.........

trader linky

Fozzie

[Edited on 20-1-08 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

esn163

posted on 20/1/08 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:
Originally posted by dave1888
Surely its not much to ask for, i dont know how much it costs to become a trader but it cant be 100's of pounds or iam i wide of the mark.

For those interested.........

Traders Info Linky

Fozzie

Think this link should work- the address seems to be case sensitive (for my browser anyway)

Ed

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 20/1/08 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yep you are right!

edited now....many thanks Ed

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

RazMan

posted on 20/1/08 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I was originally intending to get trader status but upon reflection, I doubt that I will be able to cover the £15 per month charge in profits from the modest sales on the site (we're all skint here ) and it would be more effective to use the money in opening an eBay shop. Perhaps if the eBay shop becomes profitable I will reconsider.

Just my opinion and not meant to be a dig at anyone - I realise that Chris has certain overheads to cover but the one-off charge to get rid of the nag screen must surely amount to a tidy sum in itself.

Perhaps a smaller trader subscription like £5 per month would possibly attract more traders and therefore be of more benefit to members and more financial support for Chris?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phoenix70

posted on 21/1/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
maybe you should scrapped the trader status completely and just charge and annual membership to everyone posting to this site. I know there are cost involved in hosting this site and admin, but I'm sure if every user paid a reasonably modest amount then we could avoid this situation completely and make sure chrisw is never out of pocket.

Some of the most valuable members of this site also work in the industry and if we continue to unfairly punish them for their helpfulness then the value of this site to all will be reduced.

Maybe Chris would like to respond and give us an idea of the actual running cost of the site?

Cheers

Scott

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.