Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Family kitcars?
Vindi_andy

posted on 26/2/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
At the danger of being accused of resurrecting an old thread I have only just found this one and wanted to contribute.

Admittedly the Vindicator is not the prettiest of LSIS cars but they are the only company to offer a 4 seat kitcar that is sporty looking and doesnt look like a eurobox or an old fashioned roadster.

In addition to this it doesnt require the old floorpan of a production car which could be suspect. It has a triangulated spaceframe chassis, offers excellent legroom ( i'm 6'4 and well padded and can put the seat in my driving position and leave enough legroom in the back for an adult to sit comfortably) and whatever anyone else says it it recognisable as a seven style car.

The People in bobble hats on the Vindicator website referred to earlier in this thread I think is probably me and my family if its the bright orange hat.. It isnt a bobble hat its a thinsulate ski hat, and it matches my car. It was required attire for testing the car as it was december the 28th when that picture was taken and the weather was not exactly tropical.

I have 2 children now aged 6 & 8 and they love the idea of the car, which has been christened Tango, and cant wait to go out in it. I wanted a "sporty" kitcar however the wife was insistant that it had to have 4 seats. Several companies frowned on this idea when spoken to at shows and one even went so far as to say to me " why build a 4 seat kitcar men with families dont have any spare cash", then I spoke to John at Vindicator and he was open to the idea. There were several discussion with John at Vindicator, i wanted a 4 seat shadow but after some time it transpired that it would technically difficult and quite expensive to develop. So discussion turned to the Sprint. This after a few months the Sprint family was born. I would like to think i was at least some way instrumental in the family being born and was also the second person to order one, as soon as the financial situation allowed ie the money for the deposit was saved following a change of job and car.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.