Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BOX HILL a dilema
bob

posted on 14/4/03 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
BOX HILL a dilema

I've been told by many of my biker mates that BOX HILL during the summer will be absolutely heaving,with bikes.

Its been a great meeting place since october last year through the winter months,but alas we may have to find an alterative for the summer months.

I have thoughts on this and have come up with tattenham corner epsom downs,there is a very large car park there and a small cafe/kiosk.Also the Cobra club meet there as well

any thoughts lads,or any other venues

Deckman001

posted on 15/4/03 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Good sugestion Bob, It's even closer for me !!
How about we go to Box Hill for Breakfast rather than Brunch !! I know It's easy for me as I live so close, but it would give people more of the day afterwards

Jason

Just the thoughts of a biased ex biker

bob

posted on 15/4/03 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah sure i'm happy to keep going to Box Hill,but we may have to go earlier to avoid the crowds.
As people who went to the last meet on the 6th noticed,it got pretty full well before 10am.

The Hill is 18 miles for me so its a nice drive,but then again so is the drive to Epsom downs as it nearly the same route and mileage.
Epsom is more car related as well,maybe we can do both at some point or one in the winter and the other for summer.

Better still is there anywhere else ?

chrisg

posted on 15/4/03 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Somewhere in Yorkshire? - Just a thought!

Cheers

Chris(the real one)

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

donut

posted on 15/4/03 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Nice try chris!!

The only problem i can see is the car park is a little rough as in stoney and uneven. I'll check it out but i guess if the cobra boys can cope....

I was told of another venue close to box hill, dorking which i will check out. It has a decent car park and cafe plus great views apparently.

Watch this space

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnFol

posted on 16/4/03 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Wasn't Box Hill mentioned on Traffic Cops last night?
James

posted on 16/4/03 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Good sugestion Bob, It's even closer for me !!
How about we go to Box Hill for Breakfast rather than Brunch !! I know It's easy for me as I live so close, but it would give people more of the day afterwards

Jason

Just the thoughts of a biased ex biker

I'm sure we coped with The Hill last summer didn't we?
Yes, there's lots of bikers but watching them fall off is half the fun!

I agree with Deckman: I wouldn't mind it being earlier. That means more build time afterwards as I can't possibly do any before!

Cheers,

James

theconrodkid

posted on 16/4/03 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
earlier? i have to treck across the cultral desert called hayes,negotiate the largest car park in the world(M25)and tip toe through the leafy lanes of surrey avoiding dead sheep and maniacal rice burners,i,d have to leave the night before

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Jasper

posted on 16/4/03 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
9am meet would suit me better, Sunday is offically family day (Wednesday day off is car day), so the earlier we can meet the better ......
marcyboy

posted on 16/4/03 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
box hill

yeah the place andy is thinking of is on the A25 between guildford and dorking
"newlands corner" good cafe great views and a good walk if you want it, and a great place to pick sloe's to put in ya gin,
but alas busy with bikers in the hot weather, but nowhere near as busy as box hill,

marcyboy

posted on 16/4/03 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
cartman

andy!! just curious but would it be possible to make a single seater indy like the one cartman is sitting in, as im rather larger than the average fella,
in fact i thought the picture was me!!

bob

posted on 16/4/03 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
SO

Its earlier at the hill(which looks like we can all do.

or

Newlands corner.

or epsom.

Anhow the Hill will be quieter the 1st sunday in may as most of us will be at Stoneleigh.So Box hill will have to wait till the week after.

scutter

posted on 16/4/03 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
9AM that means I'llhave to get up even earlier, Say about 2am.

I'm going to miss the south, not by much though.

DAn.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 17/4/03 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hey DAN, an early breakfast is better than no breakfast !!
And yes , you will miss us !! When ya goin again ?

Jason
(OH I wish me car was ready ) DOH DOH DOH

donut

posted on 17/4/03 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Marcyboy

Newlands Corner... that sounds like the place. I think earlier at Box Hill looks the most popular at the moment. Suits me as i'm close

I have seen smaller versions on the 7 type cars, some people build them for their kids while building there own. You could try putting in a bench seat!

oh BTW, that Cartman is ME!!! as i AM that big!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless MK Indy Wide Body Chassis

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

donut

posted on 17/4/03 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Box Hill meet & Stoneleigh

I take it the meet at Box Hill will be posponed untill the weekend after due to the Stoneleigh show?!?!?!

Andy
MK Owners Club

Andy

James

posted on 17/4/03 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Newlands Corner... that sounds like the place. I think earlier at Box Hill looks the most popular at the moment. Suits me as i'm close

I have seen smaller versions on the 7 type cars, some people build them for their kids while building there own. You could try putting in a bench seat!

oh BTW, that Cartman is ME!!! as i AM that big!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless MK Indy Wide Body Chassis

Andy

If anyone wants to meet at Newlands Corner I'll happily be there!

Newlands! Newlands! Newlands! Newlands!

Not eaten there in years but the view *is* good! If you like that sort of thing.

The fact it's about 2 miles from my house has nothing to do with my enthusiasm for it- honest!

Cheers,

James

donut

posted on 17/4/03 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Tell ya what James, we'll all meet at your house!!!!! What's your cooking like? Hope you can do a wicked bacon and egg breakfast!

Andy

Andy

James

posted on 17/4/03 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Tell ya what James, we'll all meet at your house!!!!! What's your cooking like? Hope you can do a wicked bacon and egg breakfast!

Andy

Yeah, no problem.

I'll get my Mum to do the cooking tho- it might be edible then!

Cheers,

James

donut

posted on 17/4/03 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, sorted, everyone round James' house!!

That's 12 mug's of tea, 10 Full Monty breakfasts and 2 toast!

Don't forget the ketchup!
Andy

Andy

theconrodkid

posted on 17/4/03 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
brown sauce on mine

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bob

posted on 17/4/03 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Whats yer mum like

Dazza

posted on 19/4/03 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
NO NO NO

Box hill is gona be a no go area for most cars, as always, when its sunny. I normally go there on 2 wheels, and its gets busy before 10. better going with Bobs idea of epsom downs, as its got loads of space and great views.

I say transfer the meet to epsom downs, near tattenham corner(B920) as its got loads of room and car friendly corners!!!!!

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

bob

posted on 20/4/03 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Dazza

you know what the peasants are like,they always know best.

We started the box hill meets last year around october maybe september at the earliest,so some people wont understand how busy it gets may to august.
You can hardly walk around the place in the summer as there will be 1000's yes thats thousands of bikes there,it will be packed before 10am and full on all day up and down the A24.

Its a good meeting point but for 4 months of the summer it might be best to go elsewhere.

Epsom downs has very big parking areas in the summer as you are allowed to park on the grassed area opposite the cafe/kiosk and tattenham cormer.

chrisg

posted on 20/4/03 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
You're welcome to use one of my paddocks or the rolling downs near the lake, or perhaps in one of the orchards.

(yes property is cheap in Yorkshire)

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.