Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BOX HILL a dilema
Garf

posted on 21/4/03 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
With Epsom you are close to the 'mad mile' (Road that goes from Reigate M25 junction to Sutton). That road is alot of fun with sweeping roundabouts too ... avoiding the odd GATSO tho

Laters
Garf !

bob

posted on 22/4/03 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Newlands Corner

Had a look at the above today,and yes its a good meeting point,food was good and tea was hot and wet too.

Only prob is its only outside unless you go over the road for allday breckie followed by cream teas

Bikers are there but more classic stuff plus cars too,will get busy but guy on three wheeler V6 job said its not as mad as the hill.

[Edited on 22/4/03 by bob]

Viper

posted on 22/4/03 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
So tell me do you ol boys meet at the bottom of the hill or the top? i used to love those deceptives back in the early eighties on my old Z1000R

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 22/4/03 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
TIM

Bottom of the hill,well in the winter anyhow.

I think they have put lots of little speed ramps down on the trip up the hill

Anyhow the filth have been filming the roads leading up to the hill(A24) so i think the end is nigh for the crutch rocket riders.

James

posted on 23/4/03 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
Had a look at the above today,and yes its a good meeting point,food was good and tea was hot and wet too.

Only prob is its only outside unless you go over the road for allday breckie followed by cream teas

Bikers are there but more classic stuff plus cars too,will get busy but guy on three wheeler V6 job said its not as mad as the hill.

[Edited on 22/4/03 by bob]

Well, I vote for Newlands Corner! I think it'd be rude not to test it out atleast!

Unbiased,

James

bob

posted on 23/4/03 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
James

We could have a meet the weekend after stoneleigh at newlands corner,if we are not sure we could try epsom in june and so on.

Dazza

posted on 23/4/03 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Bikes dont go up the ZigZag much(the road up to the top of the hill) as its got loads of humps. most of us meet at the Rikers cafe/car park, then take a trip to the coast etc.

We could meet at epsom one time, and all take a drive to newlands corner, and see what is best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might be a larf to, if a few locosts actually make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 23/4/03 by Dazza]

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ned

posted on 24/4/03 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Pro Newlands Corner Contingent

I vote for Newlands Corner, it's only 10 minutes of the a3 at guildford (thats about 20mins off the m25) depending on traffic lights of course.

There are nice local roads, good views etc etc
Give it a go, we could always try elsewhere if problems arise?!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 24/4/03 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
OK

How about newlands corner weekend after stoneleigh then ?

say sunday 9.30 am ish onwards,thats the 11th of may.

Dazza

posted on 24/4/03 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
yep

if i am not working, as on call. i will be there.............

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

donut

posted on 25/4/03 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me Bob.

Can we have some directions as i'm not sure where it is exactly.

Cheers bud

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

ned

posted on 25/4/03 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,

take a look at this map

Sorry guys, but after all that I can't make it as I'll be off racing at Pembrey in Sunny Wales with the nationalsupersports series.

Nextime....

beware, I've got yellow skin

donut

posted on 25/4/03 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi dilly ho Ned

Thanks for that. I now where to go!

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

ned

posted on 25/4/03 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
You're indeedly doodley welcome.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Considerably

posted on 25/4/03 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst I am here ...

The "silly season" has indeed started at Rykers. Last weekend someone had even pitched a tent by the side of the road outside the Cafe.

I would expect there to be much more rozzer activity too, as there are local elections coming up, and 99% of the local populace hate the bikes.

bob

posted on 25/4/03 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
CON

your right about the rozzers,they were filming activities last week.Not sure if they got the guy who wrote the firestorm off while ploughing through the crowd.

Sure is the silly season,Newlands corner seems a bit more sedate and has more cars and classic stuff.

Didnt see it myself but was told the bike that ploughed through the crowd was hoisted up and inpaled on a scaffold pole.

Deckman001

posted on 25/4/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Newlands corner it is then
Might not make the first one as two weekends on the trot 'locosting' might constitute a divorce !!

Jason

Considerably

posted on 26/4/03 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know about a scaffold pole, but the Fireblade that crashed into the crowd, whilst doing a wheelie, last August is now mounted on a plinth with it's own gold plaque.

[Edited on 26/4/03 by Considerably]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.