Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's finally happened
locodude

posted on 21/3/03 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
It's finally happened

Well folks, here goes
The Tangerine dream finally gave up the ghost this morning due to a blocked oilway and the crank cried 'no more'. I now have to bite the bullet and decide what to do, I really don't want to throw any more money at the x-flow and have been offered a ZX9 motor at a very reasonable rate, so come on guys, I'm here to be persuaded. Put your best salesmans hats on and get to it. Don't forget that I work in the ideal place to do a transplant like this but also don't forget about all the stick I've dished out to all the BEC boys in the past. I think my back is broad enough tho', so any ZX9 advice would be gratefully recieved (Jasper, MK9R etc...)
Cheers

scutter

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
There goes then neighbourhood,

PTM you'll be buying a GERMAN motor next,

All the best Dan.

P.S. how do you like your rice.

P.P.S sorry to hear about the anchor.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
My grandad isnt turning,he's spinning in his grave.

If you are going jap why not go 4age as its the BDA copy but better built,but i'm sure DEAN will have got you on that one

chrisg

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well F@ck Me !!!!

We didn't see that one coming did we children??

*SFX (tune) Colonel Bogie*

Da da.....da da da da.............

They made my grandad build a railway......etc, etc

You f*cking turncoat!!!!!

Cheers

Chris

BTW you didn't have to kill the crossflow

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Come on, the more the merrier. I keep on telling you all it's selected bigotry. If I say it's ok, then it's ok! I know that I may also be the biggest hippocrite on this planet but hey if you're all having a go at me then at least you're leaving some other poor bugger alone!
Oh BTW I've been driving a BEC all afternoon at Elvington today as well. At least I only went grass tracking the once, oops

locodude

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hey chris
I didn't want to kill the x-flow, do you think I enjoyed being sat outside Roche abbey at 7am in the freezing cold waiting for MK to come past? I can assure you I would rather not spend the money! Plus I don't have the time to spare but at least I'm in the right place to make it as painless as possible.

Jon Ison

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, iv'e only just gorrin, was hoping to post bout the x-flows demise, wot do i see, you spoiled my moment of pleasure, swine...........

see ya in mornin, i just need to move my spare blade to one side to get the car out 1st though..................

chrisg

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
The abbey's haunted you know! (by a black monk, not the Burma railway victims)

Get your finger out anyway, 10 weeks to Le Mans! Let me know if I can help.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Chris
Yuo can help by getting your car sorted and going in that! 900 miles in a BEC, could we stand it?

chrisg

posted on 21/3/03 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
it's a hell of a test run, that!!

Cheers

Chris

MK9R

posted on 21/3/03 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure you are going to be able to handle the jump from a pedalo to a rocket?? :p

You know you want to do it, you were just in self denial! You'd better not bump into Graham Noton if thats the case!! :p

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 22/3/03 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I think I can handle it. I've been wellying the GT1 round Elvington all afternoon and all I think about that is - more power please mister!

Jasper

posted on 22/3/03 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Well, well, well, I just dont know what to say ...... you'll be drinking cappucino and eating chiabatta next!!

You dont need any persuading, I recon you killed the x-flow just so you can make the move to a REAL engine.

Better loose the windscreen while your at it and get yourself a nice Jap lid too.

Welcome to the club mate!

bob

posted on 22/3/03 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
LE MANS 900cc YOU TWO LARD EATERS

I've just p#@sed myself larfing.

Or am i crying cos i'm not going,thats it there there bob calm down

Jon Ison

posted on 22/3/03 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I took great delite in removing a lump of old oily cast iron from the "dream machine" earlier today, lots a room left now for that nice ZX motor.........

locodude

posted on 22/3/03 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jasper and crew
Thanks for the kind words, oh and I already have a nice red and white Shoei, thank you. Thanx goes to Mr Ison who could'nt wait to rag the old engine and 'box from the 'dream. Cheers mate. Check the photo archive for a very busy Mr Ison and friends. Who needs a winch when you've got a fork lift?

david walker

posted on 22/3/03 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, I'm going to follow this adventure with interest. I have the same installation as you are outing!

I am seriously considering the same conversion at the end of the summer, please keep the photos going into the archive and if you get chance, keep posting your progress etc.

Thanks, and good luck.

Dave Walker, Race Engine Services - 07957 454659 or 01636 671277

locodude

posted on 22/3/03 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
No problemo David, keep on checking the photos. I'm going to put the engine in the chassis tomorrow morning to see if I need to chop the sump, I'd rather not if I can help it. I'm also considering routing the exhaust under the engine and out the other side like F27 do with theirs, then I can keep the std 4-2-1 front system which I have. Anyhoo I'll keep you posted.

Wadders

posted on 22/3/03 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Think you'll get a shock when you see how far the standard sump hangs down chris, i picked up a seized engine for spares which had been in a locost, the sump plug had grounded out and unscrewed itself. Nice idea with the exhaust but i think you will have to go round the engine rather than under it. Anyhow good luck with the transplant.

wadders

Originally posted by locodude
No problemo David, keep on checking the photos. I'm going to put the engine in the chassis tomorrow morning to see if I need to chop the sump, I'd rather not if I can help it. I'm also considering routing the exhaust under the engine and out the other side like F27 do with theirs, then I can keep the std 4-2-1 front system which I have. Anyhoo I'll keep you posted.

chrisg

posted on 22/3/03 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
This seems to be a well oiled exercise Mr Dude.

Almost, almost, as if it was planned in advance, in some bizzare parrallel universe.

You'll have it finished for wednes day when I come and see you.

Cheers

Skeptical.

Jon Ison

posted on 23/3/03 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
well oiled ???????

i was bloody coverd in the stuff.........a locost with a X-Flow will never rust, take my word for it, we had greenpeace there, they thought it was another oil spill.....

locodude

posted on 23/3/03 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Chris my friend, you must allways have a contingency plan, a back door, a way out if you will. I loved that old boat anchor and it cuts me to the quick that you think of me like that.
And Jon, your wit and ready humour is up as early as you are. Anyroad I'm off to the unit for some tank fabrication and engine transplanting, hi hoooo!

Jon Ison

posted on 23/3/03 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
i will ring, make sure your in, an probably call by, if not see you in week with nice new black sticky fings.......

chrisg

posted on 23/3/03 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I loved that old boat anchor and it cuts me to the quick that you think of me like that.

Shut up you big Mary!

Cheers

Chris

Jasper

posted on 23/3/03 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Get that sump chopped if u dont want it sticking out of the bonnet. If MK cant do it, get the chap who did mine to. These engines seem to be taller than the blade, I dont think youll be able to do the exhaust thing if you route them under the engine.

With my sump chopped and the rest of the sump hanging 1.5 inch below the rails, I've got an inch clearance under the bonnet from the carbs.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.