Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mid Engined Space frame Imp stiletto Project..
ceebmoj

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenzoHow much do those Radical style chain driven diffs go for?

As you have a nice big engine bay how about using a car diff connected to the bike engine. You could directly conect the diff to the engine or shove the engine as far forward as possible and run a short drive shaft to the diff.

imp paul

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzo
quote:
Originally posted by imp paul
bit of both mate, i have had fast imps since i was 18 and now 41 lol , but this is packing lots of power zx12r turbo so it will kill me haha, its just a lot of work mate

have you a class in mind for the racing? doesnt the turbo throw you into a different class?

i was thinking hill climbing events ,but hay its a long way off lol, but we all dream i just need to get to the end mate

Benzo

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
bit of both mate, i have had fast imps since i was 18 and now 41 lol , but this is packing lots of power zx12r turbo so it will kill me haha, its just a lot of work mate

have you a class in mind for the racing? doesnt the turbo throw you into a different class?

i was thinking hill climbing events ,but hay its a long way off lol, but we all dream i just need to get to the end mate

Well its an Awesome project! keep up the good work!

imp paul

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
thanks mate i do like the imp you have just got your hands on, its very nice so what's your plans for it ? road or track car ?
Benzo

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
quote:
Originally posted by BenzoHow much do those Radical style chain driven diffs go for?

As you have a nice big engine bay how about using a car diff connected to the bike engine. You could directly conect the diff to the engine or shove the engine as far forward as possible and run a short drive shaft to the diff.

Surely the chain / radical style setup would be much lighter? easy to change ratios..

Engine/ diff setup would be cheaper than car engine/ hewland thats for sure! but it would likely be quite heavy.

Miles off making decisions yet i suppose :/ i think i bike engine in this certainly wouldn't be very competitive in the radical class! i will have to try and work out what i plan to do with it!

Benzo

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
thanks mate i do like the imp you have just got your hands on, its very nice so what's your plans for it ? road or track car ?

Purely a track car and store it until i have my TR8 and Westie finished

[Edited on 21/3/13 by Benzo]

imp paul

posted on 21/3/13 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
it will be awesome mate nice bit of kit i hope it goes to plan for you keep us updated
ceebmoj

posted on 22/3/13 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Surely the chain / radical style setup would be much lighter? easy to change ratios..

Engine/ diff setup would be cheaper than car engine/ hewland thats for sure! but it would likely be quite heavy.

Miles off making decisions yet i suppose :/ i think i bike engine in this certainly wouldn't be very competitive in the radical class! i will have to try and work out what i plan to do with it!

I think that it would be easer to change ratios i'm not sure how much lighter it would be.

mark chandler

posted on 22/3/13 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
If money is tight forget the hewland box, just get an old VAG car with FWD and an inline engine and drop the lot in to get going.

Plenty of V6 passat's for pennies out there, then bung on a turbo for more oomph.

[Edited on 22/3/13 by mark chandler]

Benzo

posted on 22/3/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
If money is tight forget the hewland box, just get an old VAG car with FWD and an inline engine and drop the lot in to get going.

Plenty of V6 passat's for pennies out there, then bung on a turbo for more oomph.

[Edited on 22/3/13 by mark chandler]

Hi mark,

I've been looking at the vag boxes, they do seem like they would do the trick, but arent they awful heavy? And how would gearing worth with a higher reving engine?

I suppose taller Economical derv gears actually make for good gearing for higher reving engines!

Volvorsport

posted on 22/3/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
hewland mk9 only really are suitable with 13 inch alloys also ..... you can get billet side cases to strengthen them up .

if you want to do it properly , then youll have to pay for decent box , anything else will be a hindrance in a pukka mid engined race car , look at staffs , elite , etc ....

also

www.darriancars.co.uk for bodywork and davrian stiletto parts ...

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Benzo

posted on 9/7/14 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone is interested I'm selling this project for £850.

I haven't got time to work on it and I'm buying something ready to race.

Pm me or

email - ileinster@hotmail.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.