Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's happened to the Middy forum?
cloudy

posted on 3/10/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
What's happened to the Middy forum?

Has everyone packed up for the winter?

I haven't seen much in the way of designs or progress from anybody over the past month or so. Heck I feel like i'm talking to myself in my own build thread!

Come on guys, what gives!?

mr henderson

posted on 3/10/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I'm here.
I'm expecting to acquire a donor at the end of the month, and I will be taking advantage of the machine mart VAT free offer Thurs eve 18th Oct and Sunday 21st. I'll have quite a shopping list too.

v8kid

posted on 3/10/07 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the SVA on the 15th of this month so its all hands to the pumps. Amaking how many sharp edges there are when you look closely..........
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
John Bonnett

posted on 3/10/07 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
And I'm here too. Although I am spending most of my time getting the Phoenix ready for SVA, I have been doing little bits to the Trials car. I've made windscreen supports from 6mm x 150mm aluminium extrusion and a mdf pattern for the windscreen frame. I have also started to make bucks for the front mudguards so things are going on, but quietly with not much to show or report, well, in my case anyway. I think my archive is fairly well up to date in case anybody is interested.

Kind regards

John

Fred W B

posted on 3/10/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the garage... and posting over in the bodywork area.

More photos soon

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

RazMan

posted on 3/10/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm driving mine

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 3/10/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
And I just, and I mean Just a few minutes ago just, passed my motor vehicle inspection, got a VIN assigned, Title, plates, tags, insurance.

Yep, street legal and drove to work today. What a RUSH!!!!!!

So you see Cloudy, you're just behind and have to work faster to catch up!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

cloudy

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
top work!!
gttman

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
I'm just depressed with the sheer volume of work ahead.... I hate bodywork.

I took a break to design and fabricate the fuel tank and finish the radiators but this has wiped my money out so I am now back to more bodywork which just costs time (which I also have little of).

I guess it is at least its progress even if I am year behind were I wanted to be.

Andygtt

Please redefine your limits

gttman

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Oh I forgot to mention that the wife decided I had to fit a new kitchen which has also robbed me of all my money and time.

Andygtt

Fred W B

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Did you get the old cabinets for the garage?

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

kb58

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still here and my car's been on the road for nearly two years. I still feel like a kid everytime I drive it. After finishing the book I'm taking time off from car stuff by working in the yard - 12 yrs of backlogged home and yard projects.

I'm currently considering turboing the Mini...

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

Dick Bear

posted on 4/10/07 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm having a great time driving and sharing the McBearen..... 5,800 miles (9,333 km) in 6 short weeks of legality.

Participated in the Greylyn Concourse Rally a couple weeks ago (see link).

http://www.smugmug.com/community/SportsImages/keyword/mcbearen

and am planning to repair the damage caused by the truck tire blow-out at MetalMeet '07 in Illinois later this month.

Dick Bear

www.marketpointproductions.com

mr henderson

posted on 4/10/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
I'm expecting to acquire a donor at the end of the month,

Well you know what it's like, every now and then something comes along that's just too good to miss, like in my case a 2.5 v6 ghia with FSH, under 100,000 and all for £500. Lot's of very sellable bits, too, being as it's the top model and in good condition.
This one's an automatic but that's alright because it'swhat I wanted anyway. It means I will have to use the original ECU but I think I can manage that, if I cant then I'll just have to buy a manual gearbox and the other bits.

RazMan

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a manual 5 speed if you want one - in fact I've got a few due to a bit of over enthusiastic eBaying

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

mr henderson

posted on 5/10/07 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I've got a manual 5 speed if you want one

I'll bear that in mind, thanks, but I would really like to keep the automatic if I possible can, all that gear changing is just so uncivilised. As the auto box is controlled by the ECU it means I will have to use that too,which if I can find a way of doing that will save quite a lot of money, albeit at the loss of programability.

RazMan

posted on 5/10/07 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
Mr H, you have U2U

Cheers,
Raz

RallyHarry

posted on 7/10/07 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
New house, new kitchen and a kid kind of distracts you from the real work.

I'm doing it the Toyota way, many years of preparation, short implementation (?)

Heck, even Dennis Palatov has slowed down his work (at dpcars.net) resently ...

Cheers

Doug68

posted on 7/10/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've been away on Holiday for a week

any hoo here's where its at right now...
It had to come out of the shed to turn it upside down. Rescued attachment Frame05.jpg
Rescued attachment Frame05.jpg

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

Peteff

posted on 7/10/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
It had to come out of the shed to turn it upside down.

Is that because you're in Australia?
Always good to see a bit of progress isn't it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Doug68

posted on 7/10/07 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Having kiddies and seen Nemo about a 1000 times...

Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding, Just keep welding, welding welding...

Falling for the line about Australia being upside down? Surely you know the world is flat? Otherwise all the water would run to the bottom wouldn't it?

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

gttman

posted on 8/10/07 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Your lucky... I have to listen to that 'high school musical' blasting out all day, what's worse is that they have just brought out a 'high street muscial 2'.
If it doesn't sound that bad, just remember, I have 4 daughters

Andygtt

Doug68

posted on 8/10/07 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
2 daughters myself, is the number of kiddies in the house and girls more specifically proportional or inversely proportional to the amount of time you spend in the shed?

The other question would be is the number of kiddies in the house proportional or inversely proportional to the amount of time you WANT spend in the shed?

Might be a worthwhile poll!

My 5 yo wants to know how to weld, so I think I've having some +ve influence.

[Edited on 8/10/07 by Doug68]

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

Fred W B

posted on 9/10/07 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
That's why they make power tools so noisy...........to drown out the noise in the house!

Dennis posted a small update on his V8 atom yesterday here

Cheers

Fred W B

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.