Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Race dates for 2010 Locost
steveiow

posted on 26/1/10 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Mmmmm.

Just received the race pack with the pdf's attached and cant see entry forms for Castle Combe for Locosts 5th April - as it appears to be a CCRC run event, do they send us the applications and details of any test days rather than the 750MC?

[Edited on 26/1/10 by steveiow]

[Edited on 26/1/10 by steveiow]

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

aligarratt

posted on 26/1/10 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Usually the Castle Combe races are run by a different club. Something like the Castle Combe racing club, They will probably send out seperate entry forms for these.

Locost #3

ernie

posted on 27/1/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
yes, spoke to RK at autosport show, regs for Castle Comb will be sent direct
pumpers

posted on 29/1/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've decided that i'm not racing this year for a couple of reasons, firstly there seems to be a distinct lack of races round my neck of the woods. Looking at the fixture list I'd only be racing at Anglesey, Cadwell and Oulton as I usually travel down on the morning of the race due to work and financial constraints ( I don't do camping, I like a little comfort !) and it doesnt seem worth it.
Secondly, my wifes business has really taken off giving me absolutley no time whatsoever to prep the car !
There is an upside however, if business continues as it is I'll be able to pay someone to prep the car for me next year as well paying for a B+B!!

Hope you all have a great season and hopefully I'll get to a race or two to watch.

Craig
No63

[Edited on 29/1/10 by pumpers]

[Edited on 29/1/10 by pumpers]

steveiow

posted on 2/2/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp

The other reg that will be enforced a bit more is the prop restraints one. Last time i checked only our cars where running them. This is a very basic FIA/MSA regulation that has been in place for quite some time. There has been one incident in RGB where there was none fitted. and there was an incident in Kits some years ago that caused a bit of a problem. It is mandatory for all front engined RWD cars to run propshaft restraints. They should realy be supplied by the chassis manufacturers if they know full well the chassis is going to be used for racing.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 24/12/09 by procomp]

Matt, can you give me any guidance on what type of restraint for the prop is required?

teh blue book seems rather vague from what i can see:

C(c)102 – With front engine cars a propeller shaft restraint should be fitted. Either safety hooks or a rigidly fixed steel panel of not less than 18swg.

Can this be interpreted in different ways and what method would you suggest?

Sorry for the questions but want to make sure the car is meeting the regs for my first ever race.

Thanks, Steve

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

procomp

posted on 5/2/10 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Apologies this post snook under the radar.

The prop restraints really nee to be a full 360 degree loop to contain the prop in the event of a failure. How i do it is to have a flat cross bar across the tunnel top. Something like 40x 5 mm And then have a U shaped loop that will bolt to the top cross bar that has been welded in to place. Makes it very easy to remove etc when prop need to be removed. The ideal place for these restraints is about50mm in from the joints so as to retain the event of failure.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.