Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Damper group buy
cloudy

posted on 3/12/14 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Ceeb - just sorting out spring poundages and will get my order confirmed - might be worth putting some deadlines up to work towards

James

www.warnercars.com

ceebmoj

posted on 3/12/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
The deadline is a good idea, unless any one can see a good reason not to. The dead line is 22:00 on the 10th December 2014. That's one weak from today. By that time I need to know what items people want, so that I can get final cost together. I will be collecting funds the following weekend i.e. the 13 and 14 December. The goal will be to get the shocks to people before Christmas.
Rich J

posted on 4/12/14 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
Shopping list U2U'd
adamswifty

posted on 4/12/14 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I'm looking for some Haynes Roadster rear dampers

Looking on the Protech site it states the following regarding the Haynes roadster dampers;

4 x 400 Series Dampers With extended Top eye.

Is the extended top eye standard? if not, is this an option within the £75 offer?

cloudy

posted on 4/12/14 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Adam not sure if different - but I understand if the price is the same it'll likely be the same discount

www.warnercars.com

bart

posted on 4/12/14 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
when I spoke to them
they are pretty flexible I think as long as its not outrageous they will do it for what ever the price is

BE ALERT > BRITAIN NEEDS LERTS

adamswifty

posted on 4/12/14 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the responses
cloudy

posted on 4/12/14 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ceeb,

Will U2U this over but:

4x Protech Shocks 400 Series Single Adjustable Bearing 1.9" I.D - 11" open - 1/2" spherical
2x springs 6" length 1.9" Diameter 150lbs
2x springs 6" length 1.9" Diameter 125lbs

Expecting the total price to be around £400

Many Thanks
James

www.warnercars.com

adamswifty

posted on 4/12/14 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking about it I can only stretch to one pair of shocks as the moment, I'm guessing the front are the most important if you had to pick?

The car has a locost front setup and Haynes roadster IRS. As I purchased part built, I've not fully assessed the existing suspension, I just know it needs replacing. Is there a standard size and spring rate for the front that is typically used on locost to help me place the order?

bart

posted on 4/12/14 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
you need to take it off and measure them up
length, spring diameter , closed length ( take spring off) spring length if buying new ,spring wire diameter will tell them poundage
and mounting hole dia and width

ceebmoj

posted on 4/12/14 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just to confirm what others have said. I do not have a price for everything at the moment, however if you U2U over what you would like then I will get the price for the configuration you request. I am sure that prices will be in line with what has been posted so far.

Thanks for all the requests so far.

Rosco86

posted on 4/12/14 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to give it a miss this time, as theres loads of things I need before shocks, I just hope there's enough people that need shocks a bit further down the line as it's quite a nice saving off rrp!
dhutch

posted on 5/12/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Looks good. I presume my current shocks are the 400 series but would have to look into that.

When I was buying last time, certainly for the rear, there was a lot of talk about getting them re-valved to suit the lighter car else you would ended up running them on the lightest setting all the time, which was one of the drivers for getting them via procomp rather than direct. Things might have moved on since then, but will these come valved to suit lighter cars?

quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
The shocks are direct from protech. However I have recently seen the following thread that has some details on further adjustment to the operating range. if this is a deal breaker please let me know.

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=194976

Spoke to Protech and they have confirmed that they valve the shocks based on the spring rate and that as far as they know ProComp do not then change the valve, which sounds reasonable and quite likely to me.

400 series seem to be the 1.9 inch, 600 the 2.25 inch.

I will confirm open/closed length and spring rate as soon as get chance to measure the ones I have but put me down for a pair of 400s please.

Daniel

Fcck2000

posted on 5/12/14 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Just to confirm what others have said. I do not have a price for everything at the moment, however if you U2U over what you would like then I will get the price for the configuration you request. I am sure that prices will be in line with what has been posted so far.

Thanks for all the requests so far.

Hi,

Sorry I think I've spotted this a little late on. My Tiger Supercat is currently booked in at Northampton Motorsports Monday 8th Dec where it will be having Poly bushes, corner weighting and new suspension throughout.
Currently the aim was to have Avo dampers, how do they compare in regards to performance to the options in this groupbuy?

Paul

Tiger SSC
220bhp on standard MZR Duratec engine with throttle bodies and mild camshaft upgrade.

cloudy

posted on 5/12/14 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Daniel - thanks,

ceeb - I guess that means we need to make sure the shock orders are grouped with their springs in case that's true

James

www.warnercars.com

dhutch

posted on 5/12/14 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cloudy
ceeb - I guess that means we need to make sure the shock orders are grouped with their springs in case that's true.
Would not be surprised if all the spring rates used by our cars fit into the 'light' category whatever valves options there are, but if there intended to be used as a set it would make sense to make that clear.

Daniel

ceebmoj

posted on 5/12/14 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
quote:
Originally posted by cloudy
ceeb - I guess that means we need to make sure the shock orders are grouped with their springs in case that's true.
Would not be surprised if all the spring rates used by our cars fit into the 'light' category whatever valves options there are, but if there intended to be used as a set it would make sense to make that clear.
Daniel

While I was discussing the group buy with Protech they said that they would pack the shocks and springs for each of the individual orders separately. But did not want to get involved in shipping everything or taking individual payments because of the added hassle. So I think that I have this covered off all ready.

However one improvement that I can think of for those who are not purchasing springs, let me know what spring rate you are going to use the shocks with and I will let protech know in case it makes a difference to the valving.

ceebmoj

posted on 5/12/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fcck2000
Hi,

Sorry I think I've spotted this a little late on. My Tiger Supercat is currently booked in at Northampton Motorsports Monday 8th Dec where it will be having Poly bushes, corner weighting and new suspension throughout.
Currently the aim was to have Avo dampers, how do they compare in regards to performance to the options in this groupbuy?

Paul

Unfortunately I am unable to give a comparison, and suspect that most people would only be able to give a subjective comparison. I would be very interested to see dino plots for the lower cost shocks to enable an informed decision to be made. What I can say is that the guy who designed and fabricated my car only runs Protechs and highly recommends them and he has a number of class wins in the current design.

bart

posted on 5/12/14 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
my order sent u2u as well

2 off
front shocks 400 series single valve
1.9 id 8" long spring 200lbs rate
valve to suit spring please
open 13.5"
closed including bump stop ( full travel )
11 1/4 "
1/2" swivel bearing both ends 32mm wide

2 off
rear shocks 400 series single valve
1.9 id 8" long spring 325lbs rate
valve to suit spring please
open 13"
closed including bump stop ( full travel )
9.5 "
1/2" swivel bearing both ends 32mm wide

dhutch

posted on 6/12/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fcck2000
Hi,

I don't know the price of the Avos, and have never owned any, so also can't really compare them. However, as far as I know both have a reasonable reputation in terms of performance and durabilty, at which point for what 98% of us are doing assuming both are in working order there is unlike to be s huge amount in it. Northampton Motorsports know what there doing, as do ProComp which again suggests both are fine. Getting the car corner weighted or not will likely make more difference than the difference between various brands, as of cause will getting new shocks if the old ones are shagged.

Daniel

cloudy

posted on 10/12/14 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ceeb wanted those orders in by 10pm tonight - go go go!

www.warnercars.com

ceebmoj

posted on 11/12/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Numbers went in yesterday, however I only have 3 and a half cars worth so i'm not sure if they will go with the original prices.
cloudy

posted on 12/12/14 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Shame there were not more of us Thanks for organising and let us know what they say on the cost...

www.warnercars.com

Fcck2000

posted on 12/12/14 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Numbers went in yesterday, however I only have 3 and a half cars worth so i'm not sure if they will go with the original prices.

4 1/2 ;-)

Tiger SSC
220bhp on standard MZR Duratec engine with throttle bodies and mild camshaft upgrade.

cloudy

posted on 15/12/14 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Any news on whether quantities are sufficient?

James

www.warnercars.com

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.