Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury Standard Bodywork
tims31

posted on 10/4/15 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Would be interested to see how the body fits on the Fury, Looks like the exhaust would be visible through the side of the body panel. I hope the body kit is at Stoneleigh again this year so I can have a better look at it. I would prfer the Fury body really and hope that Steve has managed to sort the issues out but I guess the Cyana is an option if all else fails...

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

ceebmoj

posted on 10/4/15 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I am in the progress of having the exhaust system and associated bits made for my Cyana at the moment. It's possible to contain the complete system within the body, if you use an elliptical silencer, Jetex make one that is perfect.

If you have a look in my photo archive there are some pictures of the Cyana body work, on the day I picked up my kit, for example.
Description
Description

There are also some pictures of Robs race car that had is first outing two weeks ago.
Description
Description

If you would like photos of any thing else on the body let me know and I will take them. Or have a look on my blog (project cyana) where there are a number of other photos.

[Edited on 10/4/15 by ceebmoj]

Angel Acevedo

posted on 11/4/15 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have you checked the For Sale section?
There´s a Cyana Body Kit for Sale...
HTH...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimgiblett

posted on 16/4/15 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
There is a cheap Fury on eBay at the moment for completion. It seems to have everything present (incl bodywork) so may be an alternative.

Sorry on my phone so can't post a link search for "Fisher fury unfinished project kit car"

Jim

tims31

posted on 6/5/15 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
An update for all those interested, spoke to Steve at Fury Sportscars yesterday and he hopefully has a new supply/producer for the Fury bodywork. At the moment it is still in the negotiation phase but he hopes soon to be able to start producing the bodywork again.

Hopefully this will mean that I will eventually get my bodywork some time in the near future...fingers crossed.

adithorp

posted on 6/5/15 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
That good news. Fingers crossed it all works out... Both for you and Steve.

I had a panic when building mine and KitCarWorkshop closed down just as I was about to order bodywork. Fortunately it worked out in the end and the wait was worth it.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

tims31

posted on 7/5/15 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
That good news. Fingers crossed it all works out... Both for you and Steve.

I had a panic when building mine and KitCarWorkshop closed down just as I was about to order bodywork. Fortunately it worked out in the end and the wait was worth it.

Certainly is, i'll keep all updated on the progress of this.

I guess you know how I feel Adithorpe as I have been wiating for this for over a year now and the thought that I may never get any bodywork for the chassis is a real worry.

By the way had a look over yours at Stoneleigh at the weekend, looks great. Do you find the splitters off the side at the front help to stop the front going light?

adithorp

posted on 7/5/15 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
By the way had a look over yours at Stoneleigh at the weekend, looks great. Do you find the splitters off the side at the front help to stop the front going light?

Even with the cracked gel bonnet?

Theory with the splitters was, the amount of tyre exposed to the airflow allows a lot of air up under the arch, building high pressure there. Before the corner splitter bits it would go lght at high speed, understeer on high speed corners and was particularlynoticabe if you went over a bump on the motorway it'd bounce and take a while to settle. Once I fitted them it's miles better (still goes light over 120); Understeer reduced/gone and on those bumps just bounces once and then plants itself.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

tims31

posted on 7/5/15 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by tims31

Even with the cracked gel bonnet?

Theory with the splitters was, the amount of tyre exposed to the airflow allows a lot of air up under the arch, building high pressure there. Before the corner splitter bits it would go lght at high speed, understeer on high speed corners and was particularlynoticabe if you went over a bump on the motorway it'd bounce and take a while to settle. Once I fitted them it's miles better (still goes light over 120); Understeer reduced/gone and on those bumps just bounces once and then plants itself.

Yes, even with the cracked bonnet &#128513;

I may have to get the pattern of these of you then when I get mine. Shame I didn't get a chance for a chat on Sunday, there didn't appear to be anyone about when I was there the two times I popped over.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.