<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Zeemeride Shocks they dont F**king fit
stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/7/03 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
no

they will make your ass fall off.

It depends on the setup of your car.

On my car with the V6 ford in it, I had to use 350lb springs on the front, not the 220 lolo supply.

On the back I have used the 180 reds, and it seems a bit stiff. But then I dont have all the weight on the back yet.

try out what you have, and if its too hard or soft, get different springs.

atb

steve

Peteff

posted on 2/7/03 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
When I bought mine they used to do a few different springs for front use but only 180 for rear. I took the heavier springs to help with the boat anchor engine. 220 might be a touch hard for the rear. On a book chassis the 180 is still a bit stiff but bearable. If the axle clears the chassis now it will clear it by more in a short time. Mine was only about 1/4" off at first but the axle doesn't move in that direction so you should be o.k.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jonti

posted on 3/7/03 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, the set-up does feel about right at present Bear in mind the bridge that lolo sell as a chassis is about 50% heavier than say an MK one. I think I'll suck it and see.

Splitrivet mate. if you have something other than blue springs then we can still swap the core units if you want.

OFROK

stephen_gusterson

posted on 3/7/03 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
if you cant work it out I still have two 'standard sized' units with nice red springs for swap as a fall back...

atb

steve

splitrivet

posted on 3/7/03 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
After an evening of head scratching,cursing and general cocking things up got the shockers on by using the top trailing arm mount as the lower fixing point and a longer bolt thru same whether this bolt will bend or not is up to the test of time (only using a standard high tensile bolt at the moment).Of course it wasnt staight forward as the bush insert is 9 mill and Im using book type bushes with an imperial bolt.
This leaves about 5-6 mill clearace between axle and chassis rails which I aint happy about.
My rear springs are red by the way which as someone said earlier is what the guy on the lolo stand said was the way to go.
I hope anyone reading this uses it as a cautionary tale and buys thier shocks elsewhere, they might be 50 quid or so dearer but they'd save you a poo load of hassle.
I'll see what happens jonti in the meantime if you wanna go thirds with myself with another Stoke builder for a length of tube for a roll bar plus your more than welcome to borrow my drybollock bender to bend it up, my email is roberttwd@aol.com but I'll be over in France for 11 days as of tomoro.
The other difference with the shocks by the way is the mounting bushes are a lot wider than the old ones, mine are about 48 mill across.
Bob

dozracing

posted on 3/7/03 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
All this talk helps me understand why so many of the customers of my shocks tell me why they sent their Zeemerides back and bought mine!

If you want to buy springs (god knows why they have to sell such horrible colours to denote the spring rates), i can sell you what ever rate and length you need to suit. My kits come as standard with 275 front and 175 rear and so far 120 customers have been satisfied with this. My springs are also as standard black and marked with the rate very nicely, you can have them any colour you want for a little extra. Solves all problems.

Or you could do what my last dozen British customers did and send them back to Lolo and buy mine.

Kind regards,

Darren
www.gtstuning.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.