MakeEverything

posted on 16/2/12 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
If you want insults just ask......

Whats better CEC or BEC

This has been answered numerous times..... BEC is better. Sorry for insulting you.

Phil

You don't know what you're talkin about.....

CEC is better..... (lighs the blue touch paper)

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

cliftyhanger

posted on 16/2/12 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Surely there is a BIG clue in the name:

CAR engined car. .........That all seems correct.

Bike engined car......... Um, something wrong here.

Agriv8

posted on 16/2/12 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
you just dont get the same level of 'Toy thrown out of the pram these days' CaLvInX was always lurking somewhere to stir things up in the good old days.

Calvin' I heard a rumor that you still browse from time to time 'From your Sunny Island Paridise'

I often find that your beliefs are of whats is correct depends on your knowlege level on the subject a few hundred years ago 'clever poeople' thought that earth was the cener of everything.

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

D Beddows

posted on 16/2/12 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
That's because CalvinX was an ars*hole of the highest order - this is and has always been one of the most pleasant/friendliest/informative forums on the interweb........apart from the 2 years or so we were 'graced' with his presence - and no, I don't care if he's reading this
roadrunner

posted on 16/2/12 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
It would be a shame to loose anyone on here. Dont bite your nose to spite your face, this really is the best forum around.
Alan M

posted on 16/2/12 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry for my tantrum yesterday!

I'm back and will take constructive critisism very well as always.

For the record, I completed my C&G light vehicle technicians award in 1973, diesels were not at all common in thoses days, not used in cars and very rarely used in light commercials either.
I have worked in the motor trade all my working life but things have changed a lot! My first car had cable brakes, a 3 speed gearbox with no synchro on 1st, 6volt electrics, semaphore indicators and a side valve engine with a dynamo and gravity fed coolong system!
I still work in the trade, although now with fork lift trucks. The diesel versions are still using indirect injection; however they have used KERS for some time on electric trucks

I still believe that DPF was not installed by manufacturers just for a laugh but to counteract one of the issues of EGR. Consequently, if the DPF is disconnected what stops the exhaust from belching deposits? How does it get through the MOT smoke test? What would happen to a Cat equipped diesel, surely in time it will block the Cat?

Alan M

posted on 16/2/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Obviously don't criticise the way I spelt criticism in my last post
Hellfire

posted on 16/2/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
That's because CalvinX was an ars*hole of the highest order - this is and has always been one of the most pleasant/friendliest/informative forums on the interweb........apart from the 2 years or so we were 'graced' with his presence - and no, I don't care if he's reading this

Better than that! We're still graced with his presence. He re-registered under a different user name a while ago and posts on here quite regularly. His posts these days however, are nowhere near as abusive or contraversial as they were under his CalvinX alter ego but you can still see the potential in some of his comments.....

Phil

whitestu

posted on 16/2/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Better than that! We're still graced with his presence. He re-registered under a different user name a while ago and posts on here quite regularly. His posts these days however, are nowhere near as abusive or contraversial as they were under his CalvinX alter ego but you can still see the potential in some of his comments.....

Phil

The mental image I had of CalvinX was this [Calvin is the one on the left]:

I wonder what he really looks like?

Stu

D Beddows

posted on 16/2/12 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote

roadrunner

posted on 16/2/12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan M
Sorry for my tantrum yesterday!

I'm back and will take constructive critisism very well as always.

For the record, I completed my C&G light vehicle technicians award in 1973, diesels were not at all common in thoses days, not used in cars and very rarely used in light commercials either.
I have worked in the motor trade all my working life but things have changed a lot! My first car had cable brakes, a 3 speed gearbox with no synchro on 1st, 6volt electrics, semaphore indicators and a side valve engine with a dynamo and gravity fed coolong system!
I still work in the trade, although now with fork lift trucks. The diesel versions are still using indirect injection; however they have used KERS for some time on electric trucks

I still believe that DPF was not installed by manufacturers just for a laugh but to counteract one of the issues of EGR. Consequently, if the DPF is disconnected what stops the exhaust from belching deposits? How does it get through the MOT smoke test? What would happen to a Cat equipped diesel, surely in time it will block the Cat?

I wouldn't be too concerned about how things have changed. I had to google DPF just to see what you was all talking about.

Agriv8

posted on 16/2/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Phil

The mental image I had of CalvinX was this [Calvin is the one on the left]:

I wonder what he really looks like?

Stu

Met him once or twice struck me that his barck worce than his bite as I recall. he would make a good yorkshire man said what was on his brain and if you took offence or didnt agree that was your problem. Opininated yes Argumentative yes but intresting people tend to be. Some people enyoy the power of winding people up and having a right good argument !!

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

40inches

posted on 16/2/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:

Phil

Who? Go on, give us a clue.

JoelP

posted on 16/2/12 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
CalvinEggs (tm) hard on the outside soft on the inside, according to him. He claimed to be speaking his mind, but you dont have to be rude to say what you mean. If he really was the nice chap that everyone who met him thought he was, then he was seriously bad at expressing himself.

If he is still posting on here, then his attitude has changed more than Pauls on the road to Damascus...

[Edited on 16/2/12 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

scootz

posted on 16/2/12 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
It's not hard to work out what he is called now if you just use the search function and a wee bit of lateral thought...

FWIW, I can also add that I once spoke to him (on the phone) when he was still Calvin and he was a polite and helpful chap.

Some people just don't translate very well when they communicate using the written word!

It's Evolution Baby!

steve m

posted on 16/2/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz, you are so right!

i have fallen foul, of typing a reply with what i thought, only to re read it again later to read somthing totally different !!!

Steve

NeilP

posted on 16/2/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Wot-eva, the answer is CEC - I luuuurve my anchor

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

daviep

posted on 16/2/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm guessing that you've probably never met Calvin? I met him a few times before he moved to sunnier climes, you couldn't meet a nicer chap.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

T66

posted on 16/2/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Anyway - AlanM is back if you hadnt noticed.

Welcome back Alan ! Just dont take offence at anyone.

Locost replaces most other forums.

stick in

Ivan

lsdweb

posted on 16/2/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Alan M

I don't know my EGR from my DPF - doesn't bother me!!

This is a really good forum (not seen better) - stick around mate! You won't find a better technical resource and one with a very relaxed 'attitude'!

I've had my spats on here and am currently a "vulture" :-) but I can live with that!!!

Regards

Wyn

JoelP

posted on 21/2/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:

I'm guessing that you've probably never met Calvin? I met him a few times before he moved to sunnier climes, you couldn't meet a nicer chap.

Davie

I suspect he is a bit like my friend, good to his mates but bad news for a lot of other people. My chum got himself a life sentence with that attitude.

It does seem his written style hasnt changed much afterall!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.