Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rioters!!! Extremely interesting article about the rioters
swanny

posted on 16/8/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Plenty of people from poor or disadvantaged backgrounds get off their backsides and make something of their lives - the opportunity is there if you have the motivation

this is undoubtedly true.

but....

there will always be some people who 'make something of their lives' regardless of their advantages. just as there will always be some people with incredible opportunities who will p*ss it all away and waste their chances.

but exceptions dont prove the rule.

having an advantageous background on the whole, will be for the majority of people, advantageous. just as the majority of those with a disadvantaged background will have a disproportionately poor outlook.

some people will make it, but it isnt a level playing field. with several generations of non working loafers, whats the chances for a young kid to break that cycle? the odds are massivley stacked against them.

what happens is that those who are the exception often get to shout all about it. I'm a self made millionaire yet i came from a slum' type stories.

average folk who do their back but struggle all through life in poverty rarely write an autobiograpahy.

Fozzie

posted on 16/8/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmmmm.......

Yoof who are hooked on video games like GTA ...'they' end up playing the games for real ..not realising its fiction....and try to do the same

Yoof who are hooked on 'gangsta' movies .... they think they are real too .... they try to mimic the said movies...

The yoofs who participated in the mayhem do not want to learn....so they have no idea that real life actually does exist....

The said yoofs are very well versed on yuman rights a la EU ... they know their parents have had the ability to set values, boundaries and 'rules' severely depleted by the 'powers that be' ....

As have their teachers had the power to apply discipline (no, I'm not talking about 'violence' ) .... taken away from them ...

As have the police ....

The 'yoofs' hold them all to ransom ......

The yoofs all demand 'respeck' from their elders without even knowing what it means, and that it has to be earned, it is not a 'given' ...

Why did they do it? .... because they could and can ..... see all of above......

Sadly some of the early yoof...are now parents themselves.

How to try and remedy it ?.....

Ditch being governed by the EU and take back our judiciary system, our courts and our laws ... they used to be the best in the world ....

Let the parents 'parent', let the teachers 'teach', let the police 'police'.....

The Home Office or whatever it is called now ..to take a long hard look at how PACE 1984 changed policing ....too many different interpretations has made it not fit for purpose ..IMHO....

All above IMHO of course .......

............and breathe......

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

scootz

posted on 16/8/11 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Amen Fozz!

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 17/8/11 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Well all the reasons listed above are the reasons this country is in the state it's in, I also blame gas/electric and fuel companies for jacking their prices all the time so they make an extra billion this next quarter (but he have to find yet another £50 a month)

Solution? F knows really....

scootz

posted on 17/8/11 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
I see a man in his 20's has died in Cumbria after having been tasered by police who were arresting him.

Will there be riots / looting in the streets of Barrow, Penrith and Kendal... ???

It's Evolution Baby!

swanny

posted on 17/8/11 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
i hope not, i'm off there on my holidays in a couple of weeks!

Irony

posted on 17/8/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
We came blame Blair, Thatcher, governments or even as one said above 'the power companies' but what are we going to do to solve this national crisis??????? Thats the problem we ALL face now.

Personally I feel that this has now become a generational problem and it won't solved until the next generation of 'yoofs' are growing up and start having children. We need to instil good traditional values in our young people of today so they instil the same values to their children. Many have said that young people 'don't wanna learn' so teachers can't teach. When growing up I 'didn't want to learn' but I did because I knew that if I didn't I would get a thick ear when I came home. If today's parents are unwilling to disipline their children then we need to disipline the parents. What if the government starts stopping benefits to parents of children who fail at school. Or handing out prison sentences for such crimes

britishtrident

posted on 17/8/11 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
I was actually looking forward to reading that till I relaised it was a party political broadcast.

UG

Why does everything have to be politicised?

Yep "Centre for Policy Studies" Thatchers brood down the soles of their hand made shoes.

Of course none of the blame for this attaches to Thatcherism turning the country into an empire of the unemployed.

However on brighter watching the BBC today it is fairly obvious Camerons days are numbered, take your bets for who will be our next leader my bet is Theresa May.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

MikeRJ

posted on 17/8/11 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
However on brighter watching the BBC today it is fairly obvious Camerons days are numbered, take your bets for who will be our next leader my bet is Theresa May.

Hmm, the person advocating a reduction in numbers of Police officers and their pay? She should be embarrassed, but she's a politician so she won't be.

sebastiaan

posted on 17/8/11 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Ditch being governed by the EU and take back our judiciary system, our courts and our laws ... they used to be the best in the world ....

To make things a little more complicated: there's 27 nations in the EU, and the UK is the only one in which this problem has surfaced in this way (AFAIK). There must be something else going on that isn't the eurocrat's faults...

Fozzie

posted on 17/8/11 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
quote:

To make things a little more complicated: there's 27 nations in the EU, and the UK is the only one in which this problem has surfaced in this way (AFAIK). There must be something else going on that isn't the eurocrat's faults...

I know what you are saying .....but when 'we' have interpreted the 'directives' in the same manner that other EU states have, the Commission on Yuman Rights have taken 'us' to task .... told 'us' how it should be interpreted and reversed 'our' decisions .....

It doesn't happen to the other EU states .....

Hence, IMHO, we should ditch it ....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

sebastiaan

posted on 17/8/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I know what you are saying .....but when 'we' have interpreted the 'directives' in the same manner that other EU states have, the Commission on Yuman Rights have taken 'us' to task .... told 'us' how it should be interpreted and reversed 'our' decisions .....

It doesn't happen to the other EU states .....

Hence, IMHO, we should ditch it ....

Eh? Could you elaborate? (I'm not from the Uk, so not 100% sure what you are hinting at)

Sebastiaan

ps. I'm not having a go, just trying to better understand the situation.

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/8/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzie for PM!
Please vote now.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Ninehigh

posted on 17/8/11 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Fozzie for PM!
Please vote now.

We should start our own party (150% serious)
Given that we're all builders there shouldn't be a problem with logical thinking and such.

The only other alternative is to burn it all down and start again..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.