Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AB Performance thank you
Andy B

posted on 5/9/11 at 01:20 AM Reply With Quote
AB Performance thank you

Just a few lines to say thanks to all for their support and backing with the Dragons Den programme. I have built this business up over the last 8 years and in doing so I have had the pleasure of working with many of you. Without a doubt it was one of the hardest things I have done and that includes over 20 years in the Fire Service.
For me I have been lucky enough to do two jobs that I love and have met some cracking people in doing so, in these hard times it is never easy to run a small business but I am convinced that if you keep plugging away at it, you will get there in the end.
The next few days will be a little mad so please bear with us as we get back to normal, but I can assure you all that the underlying ethos will not change, our customers will still be the most important thing and I look forward to working with you all in the future.
Peter Jones input over the next few months will be invaluable and should drive us to bigger and better things so watch this space, in the meantime I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support over the years, in addition I would also like to thank my long suffering partner Shay without whose support none of this would have happened.
My thanks once again
Best regards
Andy

jeffw

posted on 5/9/11 at 03:48 AM Reply With Quote
Well done on the program, you presented yourself and the company very well. Good luck with the future.

russbost

posted on 5/9/11 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Andy, didn't see the programme, but can only imagine what a fantastic opportunity that must be - certainly sounds as though things must have gone well for you anyway! well done - look forward to hearing about what comes next!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
welderman

posted on 5/9/11 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
No worries Andy. Good job. Good work. Good luck.
ps. You scrub up well lol

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

swanny

posted on 5/9/11 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
a really impressive performance, well done.
cant wait to see that the future holds for you. all the best

paul

noc231073

posted on 5/9/11 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Well done andy ....
With the customer service that you provide youll always do well
Best of luck ...

Daddylonglegs

posted on 5/9/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise, I didn't see the program, but wish you all the best for the future.

My oldest son is always trying to get me to start up a father-and-son business but I reckon I might have left it a bit late in life!

It's also good that your other half is so understanding, sometimes things can get a bit much for them but their support matters more than most.

Good luck with your ventures

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

adithorp

posted on 5/9/11 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Very impressive performance, Andy. You did look a bit surprised to get two offers though! All the best for the future.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

scudderfish

posted on 5/9/11 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
For those who missed it (including me)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014ggjq/Dragons_Den_Series_9_Episode_6/

redeye

posted on 5/9/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy

Ive been watching dragons den for a few years and that presentation was up there with the best of em.

congrats

Patrick

Myke 2463

posted on 5/9/11 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Possibly one of the most professional pitches ever seen on the den, you had all the numbers, honesty about your limitations and the answer without any bull5h1t, and the fact that a 2mt person can fit in the car means that one size fits all. excellent performance and best of luck.

Be Lucky Mike.

edsco

posted on 5/9/11 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy B! Extremely envious of you now. I hope all your hopes and aspirations for the business come to fruition. Like you mentioned in your post, stick at it and it will happen. I do have to say when dealing with you (AB Performance) customer service is always excellent as i am sure many others would agree and will set the business in good stead.

Like i said at Silverstone (RGB), until i get a bigger garage however, i just don't think a Sabre will fit!

All the best for the future.

Ed

wylliezx9r

posted on 5/9/11 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy and best of luck. I remember numerous phone calls to yourself when I first started building my car and you had all the time in the world for me, although most of the time I wasn't even buying anything.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

fesycresy

posted on 5/9/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Fair play, you came across as class.

I wonder what ideas Peter Jones has?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

TimC

posted on 5/9/11 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
I wonder what ideas Peter Jones has?

On the Red Button coverage, I think he mentioned a utility vehicle. I didn't grasp this immediately and thought he'd said utilities vehicle. I had visions of an AB Performance Road Sweeper or Bin Lorry.

andrew_s

posted on 5/9/11 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy, you presented yourself excellently, and Louise and I wish you the best of luck, all the best for the future
Davg

posted on 5/9/11 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Welll done Andy. Good pitch & result all the best. Cheers D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

wee beastie

posted on 5/9/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy, great pitch, and a great result with Peter Jones' offer.

Fellow Global owners Ed Ives & Keith O'Brien have recommended your talents to me, so I'll be in touch about my engine over the winter

They aren't cars, they are incline assault vehicles!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tris

posted on 5/9/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

an AB Performance Road Sweeper or Bin Lorry

Now a BEC powered Road Sweeper ive got to see - 15,000 rpm moving at 5mph

jossey

posted on 5/9/11 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
100% well done on dragons den as many have said. I have been a presenter at exhibitions for many years and I have seen some good presenters and sales people and many are no where near as good as you handled yourself on the show.

I Hope the new venture works very well for you.

I sincerely believe you have an amazing product and you was the reason I went bike engine on my Locost.

Good luck.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blueskate

posted on 5/9/11 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
A well polished pitch, well done. I didn't recognise u without your overalls for a minute there!

Semper Paratus!

BigMac

posted on 5/9/11 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cracking pitch! Well done Andy!
Agriv8

posted on 6/9/11 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy wathched last night good pitch and no Bullsh1t and Honest

Making the car big enough for Peter to get in swayed it I recon .

though must admit I missed you while fast forwarding through as I was lookingfor the half smoked roll up

Wishing you the best

Iain

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

probablyleon

posted on 6/9/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
I second what pretty much everybody else has already said. Over the past couple of years your no bull***t approach and deep understanding of building and running BECs has been greatly appreciated. All too often the wrong people get the breaks, it's nice to see a little justice come around.

Now... how about that green Fury that's cluttering up your workshop ;o)

andyfiggy2002

posted on 6/9/11 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
hey remember to keep all us BEC guys informed as to how this joint venture progresses with PJ
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.