Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AB Performance thank you
hobbsy

posted on 6/9/11 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Now I know what all the "filming with the BBC" business that you mentioned was about

Good luck Andy as others have said you came across very well and if nothing else what a load of publicity!

jase380

posted on 6/9/11 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy, just watched the programme on i player, i spoke to you a couple of times about a 08 blade engine i was trying to shoe horn into my indy, your advice was invaluable, good luck for the future.
gallons perminute

posted on 6/9/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Andy.

When I left the fire service in 1995 I decided to turn my hobby into my business. I had already built some racing cars so for my seventh design I came up with this.

The idea was to put it into production and my "Peter Jones" brought lots to the company. Sadly I could not be bothered with the hassle of business and decided to stop after a few years . I returned to a hassle free life "playing" cars and I am lucky that my benefactor is still on board and we have a collection of cars that I have built.

My last build, a Pinto powered Sports 2000 that I raced last year, is still based on my 1995 design and did enough to see the rules being re-written for 2012 to get rid of it.

Good luck for the future and remember, stay honest and have fun.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy

Just popped back on to say well done on winning over the Dragons, I didnt know it was on until Rhodri mentioned it yesterday afternoon so I caught it on Iplayer last night. As others have said, a very polished presentation, well done and all the best for the future plans

cheers
Chris

Spaz

posted on 7/9/11 at 01:56 AM Reply With Quote
Andy, I have only emailed you, and could tell you are a stand up man. Sounds like big things are coming to you. Any thing I can help you in the states let me know. Congradulations.
FASTdan

posted on 7/9/11 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats on the investment - loved the pitch, very well presented indeed. And the car looked awesome

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
TimC

posted on 7/9/11 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGamlin

Bloody hell. The legend lives!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 8/9/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

LOL, Andy's the legend in these parts but thanks Tim

Not long after I sold my car about 2.5 years back my forum password stopped working (I think due to a database hiccup/change?), and because I'd deleted my e-mail address from my profile to stop the mail harvesters, I couldnt reset it using the automated system. A couple of emails to Chris at the time didn't get a reply and never got round to chasing it up again. When Andy was on Dragons Den I suspected there would be a thread on here so it jolted me into action to email Chris again and now all sorted, so you might see me on here occasionally once again, sadly without a car but still a few bits in the garage I might dig out and sell.

cheers
Chris

[Edited on 8/9/11 by ChrisGamlin]

McLannahan

posted on 8/9/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed, welcome back Chris!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

LOL, Andy's the legend in these parts but thanks Tim

Not long after I sold my car about 2.5 years back my forum password stopped working (I think due to a database hiccup/change?), and because I'd deleted my e-mail address from my profile to stop the mail harvesters, I couldnt reset it using the automated system. A couple of emails to Chris at the time didn't get a reply and never got round to chasing it up again. When Andy was on Dragons Den I suspected there would be a thread on here so it jolted me into action to email Chris again and now all sorted, so you might see me on here occasionally once again, sadly without a car but still a few bits in the garage I might dig out and sell.

cheers
Chris

[Edited on 8/9/11 by ChrisGamlin]

chrisxr2

posted on 8/9/11 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
came across well.

i thought you came across very well. You also looked like you were cacking yourself.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

skidude88

posted on 9/9/11 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote

Another Dragon's Den Episode

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.