Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 70th Anniversay of the Dambusters Raid
richardm6994

posted on 18/5/13 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I would have thought that seems as ive served in the gulf/Afghanistan/west Africa I'd be entitled to have/share a bit of banter.

I didn't really expect to see you apologise.....clearly you're above that and not the kind of person who can admit when they're wrong.

You have caused offence and will not back down and apologise....it's as simple as that.

[Edited on 18/5/13 by richardm6994]

T66

posted on 18/5/13 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
Wish I'd had known this was happening before yesterday, I would have headed up to watch.

I remember being there for the 50th anniversary when I was in Air Cadets. Was an amazing sight watching the Lancaster and Mosquito fly down the reservoir at what must have been 100ft. Still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

We took the Little lad there yesterday, awesome seeing the planes at such close quarters flying above the dams
It was an amazing turnout of people, i saw it claimed to be several hundred, well whoever counted those needs a new calculator, there was cars everywhere and the nearest parking space (gap on the verge of the A57) was 2 miles away, I don't think i'd be wrong in claiming there was easily several thousand there yesterday

My wife who was present at the 50th, said yesterday's turnout was far greater than the 50th and the most she'd ever seen there for a 617 flyover.

Here's one of her photo's
Description
Description

I heard about this weeks ago through a friend in Mountain Rescue who were on site for the dam fly-by. I was sworn to secrecy as apparently the police didn't want too much advance info getting out because of the numbers that might turn up

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e68_1368746772

scutter

posted on 18/5/13 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I would have thought that seems as ive served in the gulf/Afghanistan/west Africa I'd be entitled to have/share a bit of banter.

I didn't really expect to see you apologise.....clearly you're above that and not the kind of person who can admit when they're wrong.

You have caused offence and will not back down and apologise....it's as simple as that.

[Edited on 18/5/13 by richardm6994]

Gent's calm down,

He did apologise, and as someone who in a few hrs will be flying into nasty places with the RAF I saw it exactly as it was intended.

Yes it is a great job to do at times, but hard too. In the last month I've flown 7 very injured folks back, only to have to get their 3 not so lucky mates a week later.

As for the Dambusters raid, it took brave men to fly at those heights for that amount of time. Pity we weren't allowed to re-enact it over Germany

Regards Dan

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardm6994

posted on 18/5/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Fair enough..sorry

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.