Author: Subject: I'm a dad!
AllWeatherDan

posted on 19/12/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats to you and the wife.

I have 3 girls

Ages - 10,5,3

Best thing in the world.

Well done.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

nick205

posted on 19/12/12 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations!

Hope you all have a fantastic Xmas and get some sleep

mads

posted on 19/12/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats Tim! Fantastic Christmas present for you both.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

vanepico

posted on 19/12/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats mate!

I can't wait haha

From all the funny things my mum has told me I and my brothers have said, it must make up for all the sleepless nights!

When we got my younger brother home I apparently said "He's very nice but I wanted a black one" xD I also suggested they call him jesus!

When I see them tearing around the supermarkets picking random things up and saying silly things I can't help but laugh!

[Edited on 19/12/12 by vanepico]

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

Proby

posted on 19/12/12 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations Tim, to your & your wife. I've got a 5 & 6 year old (19 months between them) and it's the greatest thing in the world! Hard work, and your life will never be the same, but rewarding. You get used to the sleep deprivation, eventually!

Visit GraphicMonster

jps

posted on 19/12/12 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations. I have my first one on the way (due to arrive early June) and I can't begin to get my head round how much it'll change mine and my wifes lives. Good to see that so many guys on here have so many good things to say about it all. And that you can still build a car when you have kids :-D
woodster

posted on 19/12/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations ..... I've got 2 daughters , 14 and 12 I know strange names a bit of advice I was given when I became a Dad was to do as much as i could be a proper hands on Dad it helps form a bond if you're in there changing nappies, bathing and feeding , I like to think that's why I have such a good friendship with my girls... I'm not ashamed to tell you I still get a tear in my eye when I watch videos of the kids as babies ....... Enjoy
Simon

posted on 19/12/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats to you all

ATB

Simon

scootz

posted on 19/12/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

twybrow

posted on 19/12/12 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the kind words. I am loving it - I did the first nappy change today and enjoyed it (I expect that to change!). I can't do much to help feeding at the moment, and that is tough as it puts a lot of pressure on the mrs - all I can do is be supportive, and fetch Lily/moppers/drinks etc... I also don't like sitting at home, whilst I know the mrs is right now in hospital, trying to get her to settle/feed/sleep.

I can't wait to have my girls how for Christmas. Then we can whet the head with the home made cider we made earlier in the year - we have been saving it for when she was born!

olimarler

posted on 19/12/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats it's a great feeling! I have a two year old.
No matter how bad your day is you get back and that little grin makes it so so so much better!!!!

found a book that you might like today?

You will be saying it at 3 in the morning!!

Nsfw but its on amazon so not that bad!

Click below

Go the f**k to sleep

mds167

posted on 20/12/12 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations!
Best of health to you and yours!
What a Christmas present! How will you ever repay Mrs W?

"No, you can't lick the system; but you can give it a damn good fondling."

ChrisL

posted on 20/12/12 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Thanks for all the kind words. I am loving it - I did the first nappy change today and enjoyed it (I expect that to change!). I can't do much to help feeding at the moment, and that is tough as it puts a lot of pressure on the mrs - all I can do is be supportive, and fetch Lily/moppers/drinks etc... I also don't like sitting at home, whilst I know the mrs is right now in hospital, trying to get her to settle/feed/sleep.

I can't wait to have my girls how for Christmas. Then we can whet the head with the home made cider we made earlier in the year - we have been saving it for when she was born!

Get em home as quick as you can, I had to have a 'discussion' with the consultant who agreed I was right and discharged the wife and boy instead of keeping them in for another course on antibiotics, for 5 days!!

Try to get into a routine as fast as poss' plenty of books out there and when you're drinking the cider remember that one of you is going to be up at OMG o'clock which will probably mean you both will! I think that when breast feeding, mum can't drink too much (shame)...

Obviously all my opinions and I'm sure you'll plough your own furrow

mackei23b

posted on 20/12/12 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations, have a great Christmas with the family!

Cheers

Ian

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.