Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bloody Jessops!
stevepj

posted on 12/1/13 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Scootz,
all may not be lost, they were talking of this on BBC news this morning.
Apparently the purchaser of vouchers bought with debit or credit cards can claim a refund.
More details on Paul Lewis's Moneybox programme on radio 4 at 12 o clock today

Minicooper

posted on 12/1/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'm much more concerned about the 1,370 people who don't have a job and the families that may depend on them

David

morcus

posted on 12/1/13 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I know its annoying, but they only owe you £100, they owe other groups thousands, and these groups get money first because they're owed more and probably own the stock anyway. These groups are banks and other institutions, that at some level will be linked to all of us, them not getting the money back could well effect huge numbers of people, which is what happened with the subprime mortgages (Obviously this isn't on that scale).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

scootz

posted on 12/1/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
I'm much more concerned about the 1,370 people who don't have a job and the families that may depend on them

David

Thanks for your empathy David!

It's Evolution Baby!

coyoteboy

posted on 12/1/13 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thieving bastards! I don't believe for a second that they didn't know it was all going tits-up pre-Xmas, but they kept selling the vouchers!

Yeah, but their way of trying to avoid going boobs up is to sell more vouchers. Can't win.

puma931

posted on 15/1/13 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Another one bites the dust... HMV RIP

quote:
Originally posted by puma931
At work we have a portal that gives you discount on gift cards (5% @ JS & Asda, 6% @ M&S, 8% @ B&Q etc). You get the discount when you top-up the card online e.g. £100 of credit added to a JS card costs you £95, and you keep the card an just top it up as and when required. Really usefull way of saving money on everyday shopping, plus you also earn ponts on online shopping

I would not buy a HMV card though....

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 15/1/13 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
*Originally posted by Minicooper
I'm much more concerned about the 1,370 people who don't have a job and the families that may depend on them*

That's me too, my concerns lay entirely with the above. That's 1,370 people who will be in a stressed situation, for quite while. Some will be frantically be looking at the benefits system to pay the greedy landlord, with little security if it all goes wrong. If they have no children, they're probably looking at not having shelter. I've been here, not nice.

Buy some Carpetright, Clinton Cards or Other (enter your struggling retailer here) vouchers at your peril and risk.

I'm expecting some more retailers to fall away, as the greedy Landlords and the escalating Business Rates hit them at the end of Q1 and Q2.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.