Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: front cycle wing mounting
smart51

posted on 13/8/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
front cycle wing mounting

My cycle wing stays finally arrived yesterday. They come in 3 pieces, a horizontal and two elbows. The elbows go under the cycle wing, I'm sure, and connect to the horizontal with 2 sleves. The problem is that teh wing is only just wider than my tyres and doesn't cover the horizontal tube. Do I have to cut holes in the sides of the wings to slot the pipes through?

This is where the build manual gets a bit "thin".

marc n

posted on 13/8/05 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Do I have to cut holes in the sides of the wings to slot the pipes through?

yes will post a pic tomorrow night when i return from the show, cause all the cars are there

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 13/8/05 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
marc, must say, i absolutely loved the tytan with the v8 in it - i never appreciated how bloody low it was overall. The top of the engine seemed barely above my knees! Cracking stuff.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Dillinger1977

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
here ye go:

for some reason i cant fathom, i didnt manage to get a picture of the tytan with the HUGE audi engine... i think my mind wasn't working properly after seeing that...

-Rog

smart51

posted on 13/8/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the pic Rog,

Is that the raceleda / cortina upright cycle wing bracket? I guess it's the same principle for the sierra. Big dilema - how much should I cut off the huge wrap around mudguards?

By the way, do the edges of the GRP wings need to be trimmed for SVA?

marc n

posted on 14/8/05 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
yep same principle as the ones in the pic,
for sva you will need u trim, i normally hold this on with silicone and then it falls off without a trace after sva

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.