Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bar-mounted indicators
David Jenkins

posted on 30/12/03 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Bar-mounted indicators

Anyone know where I can find some indicators that mount onto a round bar (like a badge bar)?

Now that I've fitted my front wings I can confirm that my m/cycle front indicators are quite a bit more than 400mm from the outside edge of the vehicle! As I don't want to put my indicators on 50mm extensions I decided to explore other options...

I thought I'd take a leaf out of the Dax book and fit a 'bumper bar' to tackle 2 problems at once - somewhere to hang indicators far closer to the outside of the car, and also to (hopefully) get an easier time during the SVA.

So, anyone know any good sources for indicators like these? Note: I've looked at the usual suspects, Vehicle Wiring Products, SVC, and so on, so I'm looking for new potential suppliers!

cheers,

David

Mark Allanson

posted on 30/12/03 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Try looking in Halfords at the push bike lamp mounting stuff - all kinds of brackets and clamps

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mk-Ninja

posted on 30/12/03 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'd like to do the same so if you find anything that will do the job please post it on here.

Thanks Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

Northy

posted on 30/12/03 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Me too. I've been thinking of doing the same!

Please post as many details as you can.

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 30/12/03 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
I might end up going to Plan B - welding a steel plate to the bar and mounting a LandRover style indicator...
...but I haven't given up my search yet!

rgds,

David

JoelP

posted on 30/12/03 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
i need to find a god damn nose cone before i can join in the fun...!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

paulf

posted on 30/12/03 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to get a pair of long stem indicators from my local bike accessory shop.They are like the typr fitted to 70s and 80s jap bikes and are chrome with a large diameter lens and a stem with a long thread. i had to put 15mm spacers on them to get correct distance from outside edge of the car .they cost me £10 for the pair so not to dear to replace afterwards.
How about using a tube with threaded inserts in the ends and just screwing in a pair of the small type bike indicators?
I had considered the Dax option also but in the end decided i prefered the look of the car without it and it is no real hardship to make the front suspension sva compliant.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Anyone know where I can find some indicators that mount onto a round bar (like a badge bar)?

Now that I've fitted my front wings I can confirm that my m/cycle front indicators are quite a bit more than 400mm from the outside edge of the vehicle! As I don't want to put my indicators on 50mm extensions I decided to explore other options...

David Jenkins

posted on 30/12/03 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't mention Plan C - when the SVA's been and gone I was thinking about a pair of those small halogen spots, so the bumper would be a good place to mount those puppies...

David

Northy

posted on 30/12/03 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
David,

Someone has told me tonight that apparently they are handlebar mounted indicators for a moped.

Not sure, but worth a look?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 31/12/03 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Possible...

I have to visit a local bike shop in the very near future - I'll have to ask in there.

cheers,

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.