Author: Subject: Carb Vents
JamesyCottony

posted on 4/4/16 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by JamesyCottony
Would this be the crankcase breather?

You need someone who knoes bout a series engines minis etc to answer that.

It is a breather but judging how clean it is, it could be new or inlet. For example on rover v8, there is inlet to crank case, air drawn in and two outlets on both rocker covers.

If what you show is outlet, it soon will be clogged and dripping with oil. You would be better off connecting hose and feed into oil catch tank, simple and cheap is old beer can. Search for oil catch tank here to see solutions.

So can I just leave the breather on the carb open?

sprintB+

posted on 4/4/16 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
the large pipe goes direct into the inlet behind the butterfly, you'll get a very lean mixture if you dont connect it or blank it off. I have both of mine connected to the rocker box take off via a fume/ flame trap, never caused me any trouble apart from routine cleaning of trap. My friend races a Sprint he has a short piece of tube and a bolt to block it off, we tried to link the two together but it upset the balance of the carbs, so we ditched that brain wave !
JamesyCottony

posted on 6/4/16 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sprintB+
the large pipe goes direct into the inlet behind the butterfly, you'll get a very lean mixture if you dont connect it or blank it off. I have both of mine connected to the rocker box take off via a fume/ flame trap, never caused me any trouble apart from routine cleaning of trap. My friend races a Sprint he has a short piece of tube and a bolt to block it off, we tried to link the two together but it upset the balance of the carbs, so we ditched that brain wave !

Thanks for this info, I have looked for another pipe that the large pipe could connect to and I couldn't find anything!! (unless im being stupid ).

There is a cylinder with a filter on top (that i uploaded a photo of earlier) that looks like it may be a crankcase breather??

thanks for the help

JamesyCottony

posted on 7/4/16 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
For the pipe that connects the crankcase breather to the carb does it need to have a really high temperature resistance, or can I use radiator hose?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.