Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road side census
morcus

posted on 6/7/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still unsure as to which of us you've 'seen'?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

JoelP

posted on 6/7/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Joel. I still don't believe it's said to try and trap people. It's more of an attitude gauge to see what the person is going to be like and affects how they're going to be dealt with i.e. strictly by the book or nice and casual.

Whatever. There's still no need for rudeness at the outset I don't believe.

Put it like this, if you got pulled and they asked how fast you were going (say you had been doing 70 in a 50) and you tried to round it down a bit to 60, they could ticket you for that. But if you just said 50, then in the absence of evidence you would be on your way. They ask you, knowing there is no evidence, in the hopes you'll own up.

Thats certainly what id do if i was a copper anyway.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

craig1410

posted on 6/7/10 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not a big fan of traffic cops based on my limited (thankfully) experience of dealing with them but credit where credit is due, I know of a guy who got away with possible jail time due to having the right attitude.

He got clocked at 127MPH on a dual carriageway just after coming out of a Fiat garage, having finally got his Fiat Marea turbo diesel to run properly. He was so pleased with himself when he got in the police car that the officers were a bit perplexed. When he explained why he was happy after 9 months of hassle from Fiat they took pity on him and called it 99MPH and he got a FP instead of a definite ban and possible jail sentence!

My experience is not so good. I got a ticket for jumping a supposed red light at some road works but it was just badly timed lights and they assumed a green light at their end meant I jumped a red light at my end. Too young at the time to contest the injustice and by the time I decided to do so the road works were gone!

I also got pulled by local police after they were asked to be on the lookout for a very fast BL Mini 1275GT which had allegedly outrun a BMW 5 series traffic car over a 15 mile country road section a few weeks earlier... I don't know why they thought it was me, surely there is more than one red mini in the area. I just got a few laughs from the local PC's and a few unkind comments about the traffic cops and asked to hand in my documents for inspection.

JoelP

posted on 6/7/10 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
dont think ive met a bad cop yet, out of probably 10 incidents.

But then, i did once say thanks for a parking ticket, so maybe im just delusionally positive in general

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 6/7/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've been pulled over quite a lot for no reason.
Once the guy told me it was because I was wearing a hat (no joke!).
Then once they nearly kicked off for my numberplate being wrong (said it came out as a micra van). After about ten minutes arguing I got them to reenter and lo and behold it was correct...
At the same time not all of them are like that at all. I'd say about 50/50 bad and ok.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

mistergrumpy

posted on 6/7/10 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
It's Welderman I've seen. I'm on lates at work and only got 3 wheels at the moment so I've less than no chance of getting out
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.