Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Have we forgotten?????
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/8/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sorens2
Well....I bought mine brand new from MNR.
Cost me a bit, thatīs right.
And to me itīs only a toy. Trackdaytoy. Have only driven 10 miles on the road.
But I still make the car better every day.
Such as better cooling, intake, mirrors, tyres, setup (!), seats, etc.
Mine is NOT a locost. Itīs over 20000 Ģ plus trailer and a VW T4 to tow it with.
And nobody but me comes even near the car.

And now I canīt participate on here anymore ?

Soren S2

But there is also a very good reason for you buying yours as the law in Denmark and Sweden makes it hard if not impossible to register such types of cars...... if not build by a factory.

Four separate build stage inspections and that's only the start as they don't allow transit track rods to be used as ball joints

peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 21/8/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Either way, the point of them asking here rather than on blatchat/PH etc is that they value people's (well most judging for the OP) opinions about what we would do. That says a lot more to me about the knowledge and nature of this forum than this thread.................

I Agree......unfortunatly I have neither the time or expertise to build a Locost from scratch..So what's the alternative either don't have one or buy something like an MK kit? I value the opinions of all the posts I have seen and posted myself. So alothough my kit may cost more than perhaps you consider to be of value, to me it's a necessary evil to get something that I want to enjoy!!!

Pete.

StrikerChris

posted on 21/8/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well mine cost about twice my initial budget and not far off 30 times what the book that inspired me said it would,even so I'm proud of my car and confident I couldn't of made,begged or stolen any more of the car than I did!I also appreciate every self built car I see even if I don't actually like them.then again I also appreciate it when I see a rich guy who's fortunate to have enough coin to blow 100k plus on a ferrari or the likes and had the balls to spend it!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ali f27

posted on 21/8/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
The way i see it we all have the same gene and breath petrol good luck to us all
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content Đ 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [Đ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.