Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: no mention of the top gear line up?!?!
bi22le

posted on 4/2/16 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
no mention of the top gear line up?!?!

Hit the news today and no one has mentioned it.

Matt le blonc is the first named co host.

[Edited on 4/2/16 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

steve m

posted on 4/2/16 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Probably because Tg is children's entertainment, and this site caters for more mature guys

who is Matt le plonk anyway

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

twybrow

posted on 4/2/16 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
An odd choice IMHO. I have no idea what he is like as a presenter - but a good start as he is clearly a petrol head. It will certainly keep us guessing as to who else they will add. Makes you wonder why they said that Sabina and Coulthard would be on the line up. I know David has gone off the billing now, but what about Sabina?
theduck

posted on 4/2/16 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Has Chris Harris not also been confirmed?
Hodor

posted on 4/2/16 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think it'll be quite good with him in it. Doesn't seem to take himself too serious.
Rosco86

posted on 4/2/16 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
How about this chap

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-bbc-get-alex-from-the-undateables-to-present-top-gear?recruiter=237429471&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medi um=sms

My Build Thread

twybrow

posted on 4/2/16 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosco86
How about this chap

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-bbc-get-alex-from-the-undateables-to-present-top-gear?recruiter=237429471&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medi um=sms

Signed! He is awesome!

nick205

posted on 5/2/16 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
No idea if Chris Harris is signed up, but I do enjoy his YouTube videos - very watchable chap with a serious like of motors.

loggyboy

posted on 5/2/16 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
I noticed that Chris Harris was shutting down his crowd funding site so led me to beleive he now has a paid job.
Could be like old top gear where they have lots of different presenters doing segments, but with just one anchor, and occasional combo segments.
Whilst the previous format was very popular, to a lot it ran its course, and i can only assume the amazon program will follow its principles. Maybe bbc will try to strike up a happy medium between old TG and JC TG. Certainly been a bib enough break from old TG and the format ran for a long time initially so must have worked for most viewers.

[Edited on 5-2-16 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

jeffw

posted on 5/2/16 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
You obviously don't remember the pre-JC Top Gear very well. The format can now be seen on the History Channel as 5th Gear...which has a very limited audience.

nick205

posted on 5/2/16 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Me, I watched TG from the start. The old format it has to be said was quite factual and good for car lovers, but limited in terms of entertainment.

JC TG may be disliked by some, but it was quite entertaining.

Slimy38

posted on 5/2/16 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Me, I watched TG from the start. The old format it has to be said was quite factual and good for car lovers, but limited in terms of entertainment.

JC TG may be disliked by some, but it was quite entertaining.

The one's I've seen on Youtube were painfully dry, proper anorak stuff. It wouldn't have got anywhere near as popular if it had stayed like that.

loggyboy

posted on 5/2/16 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
It ran for 24 years, so they must have been doing something right!
Maybe down to the short attention span of people today! 60mins of factual programming is no longer acceptable unless it's broken in to bite size chunks interspersed with celebrities and explosions.

Mistral Motorsport

theduck

posted on 5/2/16 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
It also got cancelled and was away for some time before new top gear arrived which would never have done so if it wasn't for clarkson and co pitching the new format.
loggyboy

posted on 5/2/16 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
It also got cancelled and was away for some time before new top gear arrived which would never have done so if it wasn't for clarkson and co pitching the new format.

It was only 1 year between the 2. And whilst the format was old, it stilled pulled the best viewing figures on bbc2 when it was cancelled.

Mistral Motorsport

Hodor

posted on 5/2/16 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Because only 3 channels.
loggyboy

posted on 5/2/16 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hodor
Because only 3 channels.

In 2001?

Mistral Motorsport

jeffw

posted on 6/2/16 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
You really only need to look at the gradual demise of the 5th Gear concept to get a view on where the pre-JC TG would be now.

Looks like the ginger dweeb will be the main presenter and there will be pieces with MLB, Eddie Jordan (!), Chris Harris, Sabine et al.

02GF74

posted on 11/2/16 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Final line up announced.

There is 7 if them, blimey, thats almost the same number as the audience. _o

Goes to show what a good job jezza, may and hamster did if it takes twice thier number to do the same job.

jeffw

posted on 11/2/16 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Joey, Ginger Dweeb, Eddie Jordan, some bloke I've never heared do of.....do without the lot of them and then

Chris Harris, Sabine and the Stig will make the program

Eddie Jordan (really, is that the best they could do), Joey and the Ginger Dweeb will be gone by series 2

[Edited on 11/2/16 by jeffw]

CNHSS1

posted on 11/2/16 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
which production company is behind the new show? I assume some/most of the originals will have followed the 3 Amigos and the money to Amazon, is Chris Evans prod company making the new show, in which case he'll influence its style whether he presents or not

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.