Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Solidworks
HomersDouble

posted on 21/2/13 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Solidworks

Hi All,

Hypothetically of course, if I was looking for a reliable free license for SolidWorks 2013, to replace my evaluation one that runs out shortly, where might I look? Can anyone help out?

Cheers, Chris

Matt_C

posted on 21/2/13 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
If you have the program installed you can usually find a torrent for the licence file online. I have found a few helpful things downloading though u-torrent including solidworks 2010 license which works. All hypothetically speaking of course.
tomprescott

posted on 21/2/13 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hypothetically, solidworks is one of the few I wouldn't mind paying for because it seems like a reasonable price for how much effort must have gone into making it and how useful it could potentially be - particularly when compared with AutoCAD, which I don't think (and I'm definitely not an expert so could be wrong) is going to be much more useful for the average locost builder but costs loads more.

I recognise that they probably have different target markets but solidworks seems like its much much much better value for money, and I don't mind supporting the guys who make it.

Must admit, living in SE Asia now so I *could* get pretty much any software on disc for around 50 or 60p which would save me the risk of a dodgy torrent file.

I believe for solidworks the file you are searching for is called SSQActivator....

A bird in the hand....

D Beddows

posted on 21/2/13 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
In an ideal world I'd pay for Solidworks too - a single license being £3K means that's not going to happen

If I'm honest I don't use it anymore anyway - not because I don't like it I just don't need it at the moment

HomersDouble

posted on 21/2/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Reason for asking is that I have been playing with it to assess for company use. We won't buy unless we can get the work to make a case for it though. Price is nearer £4.5k - far too much for home use.

I already have free access to Siemens NX and Pro/Engineer software, but SolidWorks was nice and easy to get on with so thought it would be a useful addition at home.

Being over cautious or not, I have always stayed clear of cracked codes downloaded via torrent - never sure what the sweaty Russian sat in his vest will send me!

Thanks for replies.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.