Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Welcome to the world of locost 7s
Irony

posted on 12/8/15 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
If we participate in kit car ownership we have to accept that a complete kit car is developed on a budget lower than the main manufacturers spend on their door handles. This inevitably means that the companies and their products have to be assessed with a different set of standards and values. If you only have two staff and they're both at a show the customer service department is going to be shut.

I can't tell you how much I disagree.

Customer service is easy. Kit car companies should take note.

1. Don't promise what you can't achieve. It you tell a customer something will be finished then get it finished. If its not ready then tell them, they normally won't mind.
2. ANSWER THE PHONE! We have these things called Mobile Phones and Answering Machines. If your out and about forward your office line to your mobile.

SCAR

posted on 12/8/15 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
1. Don't promise what you can't achieve. I absolutely agree
It you tell a customer something will be finished then get it finished. again I absolutely agree
If its not ready then tell them, they normally won't mind. And again I absolutely agree but these are all points regarding basic honesty and are only a part of customer service. No one is suggesting that because a company is small and has stretched resources they can be dishonest, just that what they can reasonably achieve is going to be more limited.

Regarding answer machines these are the invention of the devil, they facilitate the worst possible customer service. Not the machines fault but by design they can and do promote really crap performance. If I call I don't want the recipient to be forewarned that I'm a caller wanting to complain or chase up supply rather than someone wanting to spend more money.

[Edited on 12/8/15 by SCAR]

02GF74

posted on 13/8/15 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
In that case don't buy a kit car. On track things can break!
My force had a rear suspension failure a few weeks ago! Would I have another? Of course!
How can mnr tell wether a suspension mounting bracket will fail when cornering hard on track?

I would disagree with that. Hard driving should not cause components to fail. In fact the 7 kit manufacturers should expect some track use so should design for that.

People take their tin boxes to the track and they dont fall apart.

Im not talking about failure due to impact.

daniel mason

posted on 13/8/15 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Tin tops do fall apart, regularly! Things snap! formula 1 cars have suspension failures! (See Sergio Perez)
If you buy something like a radical, which i had. Every stressed competent has a lifespan, which is listed for replacement after a set amount of hours.
If you pound round a circuit all day on sticky tyres repeatedly then eventually something will fail.

alfas

posted on 11/9/15 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
i´m self employed. i´m instralling machines and dealing with spare parts.

my clients expect to get an offer max. 2 days after a phonecall or after sending an email.

and they usually get a reply.

nowadays with smartphones you are always "online"...so there is no excuse not replying at all.

even when i´m busy installing a machine, i will answer phonecalls...and if i´m very busy i will still answer the call and ask the clients sending an email with their request.

when my "mechanical" job at the client is finished, the administative job starts, wherever i am...at home, in the hotel

so there is NO excuse not getting an answer within a reasonable period. companies not answering at all are lazy and dont care about clients...so they are not worth dealing with!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.