Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Guess who the new 'considerably' is
ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Guess who the new 'considerably' is

aka 'Considerably.' (that's with a dot on the end)

Clues - regular poster, not in the previous vote, often seen at Newlands

Chris

[Edited on 4/6/04 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Considerably.

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
New

Well Chris if you are that good you should be able to tell us who the old one is.

I think the old one has had his day.

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Oi
ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Well I know the new one is Hicost because he didn't make any attempt to hide, and I suspect the old one is linked to Vintage Builder.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 4/6/04 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
how can it be vintagebuilder, when he hasnt been registered long enough?!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say he started off as Considerably, then opened a 'normal' account. Considerably and Vintage Builder definatly use the same computer, connected to the same ISP, using the same operating system, broweser and plugins.

Chris

My gaff my rules

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
use the same computer - impossible !
connected to the same ISP - hardly rare
using the same operating system - XP ? broweser - IE6 ?
plugins - ?

Can't see how you get the same computer, whatever technique you are using is out of whack. Sorry.

I have used LOTS of computers over the last 18 months.

And the fact that I use XP and IE6 is hardly rare is it.

Actually, if you can tell me what o/s I am using right now I would be impressed.

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well, if you look at Vintagebuilders profile he has an email address (and a name). So you can email him and ask !

His ISP is NTL , worth pointing out that Virgin (my evening ISP) uses NTL backbone.

However, he does seem to know how much it costs to get in the AutoJumble at Huddersfield market. So I would deduce he is Northern based.

I am a Southern boy.

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
He also has put his home phone number in one post.

And if I really were he, and knowing roughly how far Chris G in Sheffield is from Huddersfield ....

Wouldn't I be erasing my trail right about now ?

Seriously though, that is a scary thought. I am NOT Vintage Builder. Please don't harrass a completely innocent person due to bad technical information.

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Considerably
use the same computer - impossible !
connected to the same ISP - hardly rare
using the same operating system - XP ? broweser - IE6 ?
plugins - ?

Can't see how you get the same computer, whatever technique you are using is out of whack. Sorry.

I have used LOTS of computers over the last 18 months.

And the fact that I use XP and IE6 is hardly rare is it.

Actually, if you can tell me what o/s I am using right now I would be impressed.

You are using NT5.1 (also known as XP), IE 6 with MyIE v2 installed. Also looks like you are a programmer as you have the .NET CLR installed, both 1.0 and 1.1. Also seems you connect via vodaphone sometimes but you're hidden behind a NAT gateway of some description so I can't fingerprint the exact OS but looking at the hardware fingerprint I'd take a guess at the new XP tablet PC edition.

It's your home PC connected via NTL, not the tablet, that has been used by Vintage Builder.

Chris

My gaff my rules

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Good work ! Pretty much spot on. Amazing what you can find out !

Not sure about the NAT on Vodaphone though. Must be something to do with the wireless connection. The ISP of the machine, and what it is reported to via IP address websites doesnt match.

NTL is causing you the bother though, Virgin.net piggyback on the back of their network. Vintage Builder is with NTL, hence the confusion I reckon.

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
There's plenty of people on NTL and, as you say, I'd guess your adsl ISP is Vrigin as sometimes you connect from a .virgin.net IP and other times via the ntl web proxy.

Lots of people use NTL though so that's hardly a good way to ID you.

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
..oh and I guess the NAT is the same as on Orange where I am assigned a 192.168.x.y (IIRC) address when I connect via GPRS on my P900.

Chris

My gaff my rules

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, any IP address reversal of the 3G connection gets it very wrong. I get Stockport (which could be vodaphone) or Amsterdam (must be all that dutch 'nography)

But my current IP address gives me :-

client-82-2-51-212.brnt.adsl.virgin.net

Considerably

posted on 4/6/04 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
You are just jealous
mandy69

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
So what is all this about Caterham's then, surely doing a Locost is because you aspire to owning the real thing......"Caterham" and can't afford to own one!
stephen_gusterson

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
you missed the point mandy.

I wouldnt ever think of spending 20k plus for something to use on dry sundays.

I had the money to build from a kit, but I went for a scratch self build from the steel. Its cos I wanted to be able to experience creating a complex car from b&*ger all.

Buying a caterham would have been pointless - no sense of acheivement.

Everyone that knows me asks about my build - even kids down my street take an interest.

A caterham is just another 'mass production' car. Mine will be unique

atb

steve

ady8077

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mandy

Your only really paying more for a C@terham because of the name, you've only got to see the chassis to see its no better than MK, GTS, Luego etc

Adrian

Viper

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ady8077
Hi Mandy

Your only really paying more for a C@terham because of the name, you've only got to see the chassis to see its no better than MK, GTS, Luego etc

Adrian

have you actualy seen a caterham chassis? the man hours in a caterham chassis are a hell of a lot more than a mk or luego, i am not suggesting that they are worth the money, but the same thing they aint.

ady8077

posted on 4/6/04 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
I wasnt overly impressed with the one on display at Stoneleigh, there didn't seem alot of cross bracing around the engine bay, and £4500 for the chassis kit come on

Adrian

paulbeyer

posted on 4/6/04 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I honestly thought that PTM was Mr Considerably, but having read through this thread I've just realised I was in his presence earlier this week.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

posted on 5/6/04 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
"The man hours in a C@terham are a hell of a lot more than MK or Luego"

It all depends on who "the man" is who's spending hours

Considerably

posted on 5/6/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, for heavens sake

quote:
Still getting all that attention then

...gives rise to ...

quote:
You are just jealous

I was talking to hicost ! Don't get all bloody defensive on me again.

p.s. if you want to know what things are "worth" then ask yourself why you paid x for a house, and yet it would have cost a lot less to build it yourself.

How many people here built their own house ? Eh ? Would have saved money. Would have had a "sense of achievement". Any old fool can just go and BUY a house can't they.

Shame on you for not building your own homes (and congratulations if you did).

I actually have a HUGE amount of admiration for someone who sets out to build their own car. It is not something I could do.

But looking down on people who DON'T build their own car is just the same as looking down on people who do IMHO.

[Edited on 5/6/04 by Considerably]

Viper

posted on 5/6/04 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cita
"The man hours in a C@terham are a hell of a lot more than MK or Luego"

It all depends on who "the man" is who's spending hours

man hours in a caterham chassis, not the complete car

Considerably

posted on 5/6/04 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Both Stuart Taylor and the MK chassis get lots of praise (even from Cateringvan owners !).

As with all things there are good and bad, and I have seen pictures of some really really horrible welds on other manufacturers cars.

Perhaps a few years ago things were different, but the two aforementioned, plus Westfield and Caterham are all of similar quality.

[Edited on 5/6/04 by Considerably]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.