Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I hired a Dodge Viper for Xmas - fast as fluff but what a pig to drive
eznfrank

posted on 31/12/08 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
I hired a Dodge Viper for Xmas - fast as fluff but what a pig to drive

I spent Xmas in Vegas this year and had wanted for ages to hire a Viper as I'd seen them queued up 5 deep on the strip before. Anyways they had a 1 hour special deal at this place for $150 (about £100). That was for the RT-10 GTS model. They also had a Cobra for $99/hour but it was out at the time although I'm pretty sure it was a replica. There was an newer SRT-10 for about $200/hour and a few Italians for $300+ but I was set on the Viper.

It was as much of a pig to get in and out of as the 7evens can be although the roof made it a bit trickier, plus the side pods hold the exhaust and get pretty hot apparently. It wasn't the best day for the missus to pick a short skirt.....well, not for her anyway

The outside of the car was mint but inside you could really tell it was a hire car, a bit scruffy but not too bad.

I was quite nervous driving it, to the extent that I set off on the wrong side of the road in the carpark but fortunately realised before I got out onto the road!

The clutch was the heaviest I've ever experienced, I thought I was gonna need both feet to push it down!!! It was exceptionally quick, obviously very torque-y and pulled like a train in any gear at almost any revs. I would have liked to have had it for a bit longer so I could have got out of the city and really opened it up but it was just a bit too much, that being said there is a nice bit of road at the back of Harrahs that not many people seem to use where I managed to give it a bit of a testing. I planted my foot in first and nearly lost it as the back snaked really bad. It was rather amusing until I remembered I'd paid a $600 deposit. We then took it for a ride up and down the strip but it was a bit too busy really.

The main bonus to it all was we went straight from there to the Riviera where I won $150 off a 45c bet which basically paid for it!!

Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Vegas, especially if you've won a bit of wedge and want to treat yourself.

[Edited on 31/12/08 by eznfrank]

Pictures
|
V

Dangle_kt

posted on 31/12/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
this thread is useless without pics...

of your mrs getting in and out of the car

eznfrank

posted on 31/12/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
this thread is useless without pics...

of your mrs getting in and out of the car

Didn't notice that bottom bit till I posted...

Good point - they're on my Facebook thing but I've never been any good at putting them on here. I've also got a video of me losing the back end but it's in AVI format and Youtube doesn't like it. I'll try stick them on now.

P.S. As someone who is a bit of a picture re-sizing goon, I just noticed Facebook does it for you.

Mark G

posted on 31/12/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
what a great way to spend xmas.

My fav car when I was little. V Jealous!

Howlor

posted on 31/12/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
You could have had the lump out and in a packing crate within the hour, $600 for the deposit would have made a cheap donor lump!
hobbsy

posted on 31/12/08 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
How big is the video in MB?

If its not massive you could send it to me and I'll stick it on my webspace...

Liam

posted on 31/12/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmm nice. The fit of that hard top reminds me of a dodgy toupée though
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.