Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Slater
DarrenW

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Slater

I take it he passed. Whats the big deal. All of us with cars on the road have passed. SVA is dead easy.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done that man. What a star. Please post a vid of when your missus found out. i bet she was suitably impressed.

Im so pleased for you. Just pouring the celebratory right now. Only vodka though - no whisky left

Slater

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Darren, very funny.

As I took longer than expected and then to DVLA office I was running late...... I got a phone call asking where was I and what time will I be home.

She has been very sarcastic about the ammount of time I have spent in the garage over the last 3-4 months, particularly the last week! So I bought her a bunch of flowers on the way home. Seems to have worked. I think she did realise what a big day it was for me.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

bigrich

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
I would just like to add my congratulations Keith, Well done sir!!

I was there at Mac#1 this morning, when you rang about the emissions etc, Mark was genuinely nervous for you and was hoping they saw their error and issued a MAC, which they have

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

DarrenW

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
Flowers seem to have worked................................................. Oh boy - spare us the details why you have posted so late

I take it your late posts are like a post coitous ciggy (probs bad spelling!).

You have done a good job. First time pass - that is well cool Awesome achievement. Top man.

Steve Hignett

posted on 7/3/09 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
All the best Mate!!!

ewan

posted on 7/3/09 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Keith,

I got the engine to turn over today, so I will be behind you before you know it..........!

Slater

posted on 7/3/09 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments. Also, Thanks for all your help and advice over the last few years.

Well done Ewan, getting the engine turning is a big step.

Apologies for the late post, I was itching to let you all know as soon as I had got home after returning the trailer, but had kids and wife to attend to.

It a very fine balancing act between family/kit car, for me it's been all kit car recently, so I need to give them some time now. Oh, and install the main bathroom, which I ripped out in January and have forgotton about.

[Edited on 7/3/09 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

omega 24 v6

posted on 7/3/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Keith. I never got round past to see you as SWMBO does not care for driving in the "toon". Take it easy out there. I was thinking yesterday it'd be a cracking day for a drive but the roads were mega greasy in the morning.
Hopefully see ya soon.
Ewan I hope your getting on with your car wiring OK. Busy time of year for you, with your job I suppose, when do you think you'll be ready for the road?

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

justinnewton

posted on 7/3/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Well done with the pass matey, I hope I have similar success with mine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.