Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bloody coppers!!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
bloody coppers!!

just been totally fitted up by a pair of coppers!!! was in court for aparently using my phone whilst driving. even though i was scratching the side of my bloody head!!! two coppers aperently saw a phone in my hand, from er 30 meters away through two wind screens when one of them should of been watching the road because he was driving!!! bloody lying bastards!!! just handed my appeal in and got a decent solicitor (will not try and represent myself again). all the respect i had for the police is now totally gone!!!! bunch of moaning donut munching dicks as far as i m concered!
Keith Weiland

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sure they have an exact time they think this happened and you have your mobile phone bill showing it was not in use at that time.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
didnt you use mobile phone records as proof you wernt on the phone ?

your network would of been able to supply this.

however i use my finger nails to scratch my face

mr henderson

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I can see why you would be upset at the two policemen in question, but to tar the whole police force with the same brush is unreasonable to say the least.

John

oldtimer

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Calm down, don't be offensive, appeal it.
mad-butcher

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Oh Dear. Got to get the VISITORS to country money somewere,
not a lover of the police myself but most of it is the magistrates they take their advice off the clerk of the court, and he's bitter and twisted cos he never got the job himself,

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
phone records were clear the procecution said i could have been on any phone at the time. yeh guess i shouldn t tar the whole force. most worrying thing is they were both fire arms officers. so guess i should be thanking my lucky stars they didn t think i had a gun in my hand otherwise i d have been joining pour john charles demenzes! have handed my appeal in. going to put my phone in the boot when i drive think its the only way forward!
chris-p-duck
Contributor

Posts 256
Registered 16/4/07
Location West Mids

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a sense of satisfaction now things seem to work ok

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Agree you cant tar the whole force with the same brush. However I have no faith in the police at all, every time i have needed them they are useless and every encounter with them is a let down. They seem to have a really screwed up sense of priorities.

Chris

philw

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad_dogpompey
phone records were clear the procecution said i could have been on any phone at the time. yeh guess i shouldn t tar the whole force. most worrying thing is they were both fire arms officers. so guess i should be thanking my lucky stars they didn t think i had a gun in my hand otherwise i d have been joining pour john charles demenzes! have handed my appeal in. going to put my phone in the boot when i drive think its the only way forward!

Hang on, my mate got nicked the other week (bang to rights), now the rozzer that pulled him actually said if it was a personal phone he would have confiscated it, but as it was a business phone he took his SIM details and said if you dispute it i will contact the phone company and provide your phone records in court to prove you were using it.
So why didn't they do the same to you?

By the way the same thing happend to me a couple of years ago, and i wish i'd fought it.

Must try harder

mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
yeh same here, thing that got me was i walked straight out and straight to a solicitor i should have used in court today and had been recomended by a friend, the solicitor went through it all and asked what the name of the copper was? and my solicitor said yeh your not the first. he said he d repressented a nother guy exactely the same thing!!!! obviously needs the numbers for promotion or something!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
i offered to show him my out going and incoming calls at the road side they said they couldn t check it as that would be an illegal search!
oldtimer

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Your comment about putting your phone in the boot from now on seems to imply you have been using your phone whilst driving in the past? that you just haven't been caught the other times??
mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
nope have no need my phone stays in my pocket. it connects to the head unit in my car via blue tooth on its own. i have no need to have the phone in my hand! have never done it even before it was named as a specific offence! the reason i d put the phone in the boot is it will still connect to the head unit and they can t fit me up again!
JoelP

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer
Your comment about putting your phone in the boot from now on seems to imply you have been using your phone whilst driving in the past? that you just haven't been caught the other times??

no, he means if he got pulled then he could show the feds there were no phones accessible in the car.

eznfrank

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
i offered to show him my out going and incoming calls at the road side they said they couldn t check it as that would be an illegal search!

The copper probably didn't word it very well but I think what he meant is that it wouldn't be valid as evidence, being that call records can be edited in seconds. To correctly verify whether or not a phone in use would require forensic examination as the bills would only show outgoing.

How can it be an illegal search if you offer to show him the evidence (or lack of it!!) on your phone?? Hope your solicitor makes an issue of that point at the appeal. I've been stitched up by a complete scumbag copper in the past too so know how you feel. Have you started a formal complaint with the IPCC at all yet?? If that copper has done exactly the same thing before as your solicitor says, and the IPCC start to see a pattern of it, they are likely to start looking a little more seriously at it.

mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
the whole thing happened back in september, was that pissed of i was at the police station making a complaint within 20 minutes! the response was that they cannot deal with it until after the court case. as they can t undermine a court bla bla bla then i was deployed to afghanistan for a few months so it s only just got to court. as i ve now been convicted in a magistrates court i ve got to appeal to the crown court which means i need to be repressented by a barister. and you can t get one unless you go through a solicitor, so thats 150 plus vat an hour to get a solicitor and a barister will cost about 500. so all in about a grand. and even if i win i ll only get 70 percent of costs back. so even if i win i m going to be 300 pounds down!!! but its a matter of principle now! the solicitor thinks i ve got a strong case, and hes instructing a motoring barister for the court case, hoping he ll rip the coppers to pieces in court! but i m not going to let it drop. screw them!!
Simon

posted on 1/5/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
When you win take the copper concerned to the small claims court! His employers liability cover should pay you out!

Maybe!

ATB

Simon

mad_dogpompey

posted on 1/5/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
think the main thing i m gonna take away from this when its all done is not to say a word to the coppers, just use the no comment line so they can t twist anything you say! and never repressent yourself always get a decent solicitor to repressent you! and don t scratch your head when driving! shame though could of spent the 300 i m going to be down on a better break set up!!!!!
eznfrank

posted on 1/5/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
think the main thing i m gonna take away from this when its all done is not to say a word to the coppers, just use the no comment line so they can t twist anything you say!

You'd be surprised how hard that is to do in real life, it's just not natural for humans, the average person lasts a mere 7 minutes before they crack. Being in the forces you might fare a bit better but unless you're a seasoned criminal it's near impossible!!

richardh

posted on 1/5/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
blame the government for setting targets, the cps for not prosecuting so the only revenue spinner is off traffic stuff.

always on a hiding to nothing.

i used to be a copper and that kind of crap made me leave.............

get your records and fight it

Time for a change!

tendoshingan

posted on 1/5/09 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
While I do know some coppers and have 1 copper in the family, my experience of them, through dealing with them a lot when I worked security, is not a good one.
I even got stitched up by a few of them a few years ago.

Like has been mentioned here about saying nothing, I did just that.
But that was not what the coppers statements said (4 of them).
In truth when I got the statements from my solicitor, one was honest but three others were saying that I was abusive, shouting and swearing. Obviously got together over coffee to discuss their statements!!!!

Fortunately the magistrate believed me, but what is the country coming to?
When we have coppers shooting innocent people, hitting civilians on demos or driving stupidly and killing pedestrians.

How come the police seem to "triage" other offences like being broken into, or assaulted but are always around and willing to arrest when you do nothing!!

Rant over

Avoneer

posted on 1/5/09 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
If you're in the forces, surely you can get legal representation from within or you might even qualify yourself.

Had several mobile cases recently and the court has taken the phone records as evidence and dismissed cases - should be easy to get hold of.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

RK

posted on 1/5/09 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember November 5 as being a significant date for you lot... what could it be...

Oh Yeah! Revenge day for all the bad authority figures in your lives!!!!!

mackei23b

posted on 2/5/09 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
I got pulled for the same thing.

At that point I pointed out to the officer that both phones were switched off, and if he wanted to go further I could switch them on so that he could see the call logs.

He did check only to find that I had not used the phones. I don't mind as he was doing his job, but he didn't even offer an apology and told me how serious it was before letting me go.

aerosam

posted on 2/5/09 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
I seem to remember November 5 as being a significant date for you lot... what could it be...

Oh Yeah! Revenge day for all the bad authority figures in your lives!!!!!

So this Guy Fawkes night we are all going to have to dress up the guy in a police uniform then?

Just as an aside, in the times today there is a report on speed cameras. It seems that since the police lost the right to keep the fines, the number of cameras has reduced, and the number of road deaths went DOWN in the same period. However now they are introducing loading bay cameras, and trying to get many 30mph limits reduced to 20. Is this to make roads safer or raise more revenue? Judge for yourselves people.

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.