Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ferrari Quit F1 ?
UncleFista

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari Quit F1 ?

Maybe ?

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

balidey

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari were quoted as saying...

quote:

I 'will' get my way, or elth I'll thcream and thcream until I make myself sick

richardlee237

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
It's just like the good old days with Enzo at the helm

Quote Lord Kelvin
“Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in race horses and women.”

Quote Richard Lee

"and cars"

MautoK

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
That was my first thought too, something about toys and prams!

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

eddie99

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
"And Ferrari, in a statement, insist their announcement is not simply posturing: "The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of... endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are priorities for the future"

How can ferrari say that after what happened last year with Hamilton and mclaren???

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Paul (Notts)

posted on 12/5/09 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Toyota have already said they will pull out if it goes ahead. Ferrari and a few others may also follow.

Paul

Peteff

posted on 12/5/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I should think so too !

How can anybody be expected to build, develop and run cars with only £40,000,000 to play with. They'll be held together with gaffer tape and buying bits from Halfords.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

zoom

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
I thought kimi had already!!

mycar
mybuildsite

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
All part of the power struggle against Mosley & co, It not that long ago Mosley was the one saying F1 couldn't exist without Ferrari.

Luca is a 100% right on this one we have been through the nonsense of different rules for different teams in the over lap between the Formula Cosworth and Turbo eras of F1.

Mosley has manipualated F1 this season, much as I admire how well Brawn are doing the diffusser design was stretching the rule book too far. Add that to that hounding Ron Denis out of F1 and anyone can see that Mosley wants to turn F1 into his own personal dictatorship. Up to very recently I actually believed he was going to retire this year now a I realise he is going to cling on and make any team boss who dosen't toe the line suffer.

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
"And Ferrari, in a statement, insist their announcement is not simply posturing: "The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of... endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are priorities for the future"

How can ferrari say that after what happened last year with Hamilton and mclaren???

Once Todt left Ferrari things changed within the team --- the problem was Todt. Although they benefited from it I think Ferrari were as taken aback by the Spa chicane incident as McLaren.

Currently a climate of fear exists in F1, fear of unjustified scantions from the FIA was what caused Hamilton to force Trulli to pass him in Australia --- thought for today if anybody other than Mosley was in charge of FIA Hamilton would have won in Oz.

[Edited on 12/5/09 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

aerosam

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
How can anybody be expected to build, develop and run cars with only £40,000,000 to play with. They'll be held together with gaffer tape and buying bits from Halfords.

Imagine if we were all capped at the magical, mythical figure of 250 quid?

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

balidey

posted on 12/5/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aerosam
Imagine if we were all capped at the magical, mythical figure of 250 quid?

But thats YEARLY budget, so some of you would still have a few grand to spend on the cars

RK

posted on 13/5/09 at 01:40 AM Reply With Quote
Di Montezemolo has warned it would create a two-tier championship that could be "fundamentally unfair and perhaps even biased"

completely different than this one then.

dogwood

posted on 14/5/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Ferrari to leave F1..

Well dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.....Bye.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

tendoshingan

posted on 14/5/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, I want it all my way!!!!

God Bernie should just tell them to get stuffed, where would Ferrari be without F1, that's the point not the other way around.

iank

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari's bluff has been called.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8058903.stm

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

James

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Gives me an idea:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=113764

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

procomp

posted on 20/5/09 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

What i do not understand though is how they expect say Ferrari and Mclaren to develop engines chassis ect within that budget and race that product. when those further down the grid simply just buy that development from them at a greatly reduced price as such. Is there a separate budget for such things such as developments that other teams will buy or is it all rolled into the £40,000,000 regardless.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 20/5/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Bernie and Spanky have said they expect all the teams to be on the same, presumably £40M, rules.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.