Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners Club at Newark '09'
jollygreengiant

posted on 5/6/09 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Owners Club at Newark '09'

Ok then you lovely people, I have today received the Club information and instructions for the Newark Show.

So, once again we have been moved in display location. This year we have been allocated area number 41. This is between the Main public entrance and the Cedric Ford building, but, behind the steam and stationary engine display ( ).

However, it is immediately beside one of the main camping areas. SO the next question is do we go for our usual camping area, OR do we also move camping area and be (immediately) next to display site, which will mean less moving of cars, but we will be a long way from our usual shower/toilet facilities.

any way links to show site

link to Newark '09'

Over to you lads what do you think.?????

Edit bit :-----

Oh by the way I have 1 spare entry tickets for those who will be going for the weekend AND camping in either tintop OR as passenger in Kit car U2U me (MUST be Either Luego Owner or Builder) with Address and I will let you know if I can send you one.

[Edited on 6/6/09 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

chris_smith

posted on 5/6/09 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
it will be my first show with the car and am very tempted to camp, but will act like a sheep BBaaaahhhhh and follow the rest of you

chris

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Paul (Notts)

posted on 5/6/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like I might as well finish fitting the loud exhausts so that we can attract some attention.

Camp over by the stand if there are some toilets near by oelse Baaahhhh....

Paul

Danozeman

posted on 6/6/09 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Im there, Baaaah. aslong as there toilets near by i dont mind where we camp. Can always drive to the shower in the morning. A long walk for a pee isnt fun.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

tj4ord

posted on 7/6/09 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
hey! hopefully meet u all that weekend still haven't decided what day i'm coming, or if will be in my tin top or pinch a ride in my cousin westy. bee good to put some names to faces.

also is any one going in a velocity? bee good to have a nose around

Cheers Trev

Make Tea Not War!!!

kelloggs

posted on 7/6/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Clive
I don't know witch day i will be going to Newark most likely be going on Saturday think it will be in the tin top as not got the new engine fitted yet . see you Wednesday night
Trev if you like to pop over to uppingham some time you can have alook round my velocity just changeing the engine over just send me a email my u2u not working

tj4ord

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Kelloggs will give u a shout next week after i get back from the download festival.

Make Tea Not War!!!

rusty nuts

posted on 8/6/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I vote stick to the old camping area, at least we know the showers normally work but will go with the majority .
Paul (Notts)

posted on 9/6/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Our normal camp site is good for toilets and showers first thing in the morning so I now vote for our normal spot. Will be there Friday night around 6 pm

Paul

Snuggs

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
^ Wot e sed ^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul (Notts)

posted on 12/6/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Welded some brackets onto the loud exhausts on Thursday and went out for a spin. After 10 mins had to limp home on 5% throttle. Any more that that and the blood loss from my ears would have been life threatening.

Now back on the quiet ones...

Paul

wilkingj

posted on 13/6/09 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Welded some brackets onto the loud exhausts on Thursday and went out for a spin. After 10 mins had to limp home on 5% throttle. Any more that that and the blood loss from my ears would have been life threatening.

Now back on the quiet ones...

Paul

Just go to a Gun shop and buy some yellow foam earplugs, and wear them under your bike helmet.

Did it go any faster, or did it just sound faster?

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 13/6/09 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Did it go any faster, or did it just sound faster?

Bit like the kids round here that take the baffles out of their mopeds ? It makes enough noise as it is with the original silencers Paul.
Mel

NeilP

posted on 14/6/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Had a fantastic run out with the brother in law yesterday but between us we did manage to toast the clutch so had to limp home in first - very unlikely given commitments this week (and yes before you ask that does allow for at least 4hrs sleep a night) that I'm giong to be able to get fixed for Newark - Whether it turns into a tin-top special is not yet determined - I'll keep you posted.

Back to the garage

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

rusty nuts

posted on 14/6/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck Neil ,
simonk

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Subject to the weather will be up there early on Sunday

Thanks
Simon

bill132hotrod

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi guys
I thought i might try drag racing mine last sunday at North Weald, signed on got scutinered lined up for nearly (2) hrs gone to the line and away and left most of my clutch on the floor. ooo'ps that was not ment to happen, = clutch upgrade Verdict too many of the queens finest

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

jollygreengiant

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like we have a lot of people with a clutch of problems for Newark this year.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

simonk

posted on 17/6/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I thought I had a clutch problem last week - it was slipping under load - all sorts of visions of engine out and lots of frustration. However, in the end it just proved to be that the pedal assembly wasn't allowing the master cylinder to fully extend and this was (I think) gradually pumping up the slave cylinder. Certainly all fixed by shortening the M/C pushrod and adjusting the clevis.

Cheers
Simon

wilkingj

posted on 17/6/09 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Simon we look forward to seeing you at Newark.

Rusty Nuts and I will be leaving Cambridge 2.30 / 3pm ish (give or take etc) on Friday, if you want some travelling companions.

Will it be your first long trip, and are you camping over the weekend? We will be in the gate, turn left and camped on the right. less than 100 yeards from the entrance gate. (All Luego Owners welcome)

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 17/6/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ill be following you lot as well this year - thanks jgg
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ok then every one lets all turn up and have an excelent show again. ALl being well I will have some proofs to view of a Luego owners club badge/sticker if my son pulls his finger out and finishes it tonnight.

So just to recap our camping area will be int eh usual place, through main show car entrance, turn left and about 100 yds down on the right. I should, all being well be getting there between 2 and 3 on the Friday afternoon.

The weather is not looking too bad for the weekend, barbie & beer for the evenings and lets all have a good one.

See you there.

stevegough

posted on 18/6/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'll come and kick some tyres on sunday - I'll come and join you camping when I've got my trusty steed OTR - some time off yet, though.

Have a gr8 weekend, Steve.

Get the shades on! .....

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

tj4ord

posted on 19/6/09 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hey guys i will hopefully be up on sat morning so see some of you then

Make Tea Not War!!!

NeilP

posted on 19/6/09 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Folks - I'm not going to be coming - no way I could get the clutch fixed in time (and I really wanted to bring the toy) and I've just been rung and given a paddock entry corporate pass for qualifying at the GP tomorrow.

Now you all know that it would take a lot more than a freebie pass to qualifying for me to ditch you lot but this is in the paddock and might also include an out of hours sneaky tour of the Renault garage so sorry - you're fired (at least until the next show).

Please have a beer or eight on my behalf and I'll see you soon.

Neil.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.