Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Little head lights
wicket

posted on 12/3/04 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Run the German Ebay text through translator & this is what it says,

Description of the salesmen is responsible for the offer, in particular title and description. New one, super small Streetfighter Custom dual headlight with TUEV/E test characters, black Metall(Alu)gehaeuse and blue or clear, genuine glass. The mass in width x height of x depth Headlight oval blue: 150 x 60 x 74 Headlight oval clearly: 150 x 60 x 74 Headlight angularly blue: 150 x 54 x 74 Headlight angularly clearly: 150 x 54 x 74 (angular/blue with closed housing: 150 x 50 x 68 in the other auction). In the scope of supply Anbaumaterial(Haltebuegel and set of cables are contained), shining means 1x H3 55W for Abblend(Nebel)licht and 1x H3 55W for high beam. The version please select and/or inquire or after auction end, wished in each case, indicate. When desired is additionally also different H3-Leuchtmittel(Hochwatt, yellow or bluish) possible insured postage 6.70?, also with acceptance of several, ebay naturally I pay

Hellfire

posted on 12/3/04 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Lights

the 4" lights from GTS will not pass the SVA test. The lights emit a flat topped beam pattern when on dip, and headlight shows to the right.... a lá Euro style. Darren does give a 'small' get out clause, NOT SVA PROVEN, but we got them and took a gamble... we are in the process of buying new ones. Needless to say we could replace them if we so wish for the first 3 years!

Mk-Ninja

posted on 12/3/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well the time has come. Ive got to get something so hope theres something at Stafford that will do, even if its just for the SVA.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

ned

posted on 15/3/04 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
I bought the small lights at stafford, pic up soon. I asked the guy about the beam pattern to the left for dipped and he guaranteed it'd be ok for sva as the dip bit is in the bulb, not just the lense. he connected the light up and shone it on the ceiling, you could defo see the change of angle on the dip beam.

and i got a bargain cash price Premier wiring were very helpful, and just down the road from the house I'm buying

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve @ sVc

posted on 17/3/04 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
When looking at the headlight lens always see if there is an arrow pointing to the left when looking from the back of the lens, this shows the lens will dip to the left. If there is no arrow, it dips to the right. Some lenses, like the Hella 90mm dip type have an adjustment so you can get them to dip to the left or the right. Here you will have an arrow with points at both ends.
European spec lenses for cars ALL should have a "kick up" (at the furthest left point of the dip beam for the UK) as follows: Characteristics a. an asymmetric dipped beam pattern with · a distinctive horizontal cut-off on the right, and · a 15 degree wedge of light above the horizontal (the ‘Kick up' towards the left.
The dip is caused by the positioning of the bulb AND an asymmetrical lens pattern.
I have seen no main beam & dipped "aftermarket" lens yet that has passed "E" testing with a plain, unpatterned lens. We have been working with one manufacturer for some time, but can't get it through the tests.
The lens should have an E mark, the number following being the country code where it was tested, E1 for instance is Germany - E11 the UK. The following 2 numbers specify luminous intensity. All our lenses are marked HC/R denoting halogen main & dipped beam.

hope this is of some help, if anybody would like to call me, try
08 456 581 251 at local rate.

We have been looking for a small UK legal lens for over 3 years. No manufacturer has been able to offer one as yet, but if you know of any, we will tool up for a body to take it.
Regards
Steve @ sVc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 17/3/04 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well steve, not wanting to get into an arguement! but i was assured by premier who i bought my lights off that they will pass sva. time will of course tell. they demo'd the light beam on the ceiling and their was a definate 15 degree wedge to one side, conrod ok'd it too, i trust his years as a menchanic!

there is a pic of the light on my archive.

Ned.

Steve @ sVc

posted on 17/3/04 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
no argument - no problem!
Steve

Hellfire

posted on 19/3/04 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
Available now...

your man Steve at SVC has them.

They look somewhat like these, in fact these are them!

Image deleted by owner

Buy 'em now! (Not on commission, sadly!)

Hellfire

posted on 24/3/04 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Declination...

The small headlights we have actually have the 15 degree kick up to the right. The headlight (mainbeam) is flat topped. The lens on ours has a small lug on the bottom to locate accurately within the housing so is fixed. Very similar (I guess identical) to other's on here.

We have since replaced these lamps with larger units from SVC and the beam pattern is massively different!

Strangely, the suppliers of these items are not posting...

Dreckly

posted on 25/3/04 at 01:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chaps,

I spoke to Steve @ SVC today by phone about the 5 3/4" carbon fibre effect headlights as posted by Hellfire.
I just thought I'd say how incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly the man is.
Yes, SVC will get my business, I was impressed!!

Cheers. Ken.

Steve @ sVc

posted on 25/3/04 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Ken, Wow, what can I say, other than the cheque is in the post !
Regards
Steve @ sVc

Mk-Ninja

posted on 25/3/04 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Credit where credits due, I bought mine from SVC at stafford, very helpfull, and quality products.

Ill U2U my address Steve, for my cheque

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

pbura

posted on 25/3/04 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just like to add my $.02 and vote SVC as one of the best places on the web to drool over Locost electrical items. One of these days, I'm going to have them pack up a big box of stuff for a trip over the Big Water.

Steve, do you have anything in a 5.75" chrome body headlight for the US market?

Pete

P.S. Could someone please explain "side lights" to me? Are these integrated running lights for daytime use? Or cutouts that serve as side markers?

Pete

ned

posted on 25/3/04 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Pete,

Side lights are separate lights at the front to the main and dipped beams, can be in the same unit or separate. Normally they come on when you turn your lights on before you turn on dipped or main beams.

i assume you have an equivalent over the pond?!

Ned.

pbura

posted on 25/3/04 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nedi assume you have an equivalent over the pond?!

I'm going to show some ignorance here because all my cars are as old as the hills! I don't pay much attention to newer cars.

Newer cars have these lights built into the headlight assemblies, I think, and some are on by default all the time the engine is running.

Am I a Stone Ager or what?

Pete

Pete

ned

posted on 25/3/04 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Pete,

Laws may be different over there, but over here to my knowledge volvo's are the only cars that have their side lights on all the time reagrdless...

Ned.

DaveFJ

posted on 25/3/04 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
don't new saabs as well ?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Steve @ sVc

posted on 25/3/04 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Peter, Yes we supply into the USA thru our sister company SVC Trading, either direct from the UK or thru' Champion Motors based in Madison, Alabama, see:
http://www.championmotorcars.com/
We attended the Carlisle Import-Kit/Replica Nationals in PA last spring, but can't make it this year. and, yes the side light is a 5w white bulb in the lens, a running or parking light.
keep in touch
Best regards
Steve @ sVc

derf

posted on 25/3/04 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Day time running lights... When the car is running they turn on. Chevy uses them alot, along with lexus and dodge. You start the car they turn on, you shut off the car they turn off. At nigh you still have to turn on your headlights because they dont turn on the indicator lights, and most cars that are equipped with them except lexus (correct me if I'm wrong) hvae a 3rd setting for the headlights, Day, Night, and highbeams. The daytime running lights dont produce nearly as much light as the regular headlights, and are only there as a safety feature so other drivers can see you better during the day! IMHO they are completely useless and just draw power that can be used for other more important things like an extra power outlet.
Steve @ sVc

posted on 25/3/04 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ned - In most of the Scandinavian countries you must have running lights showing at all times when the car is in use. Hense Volvos having them for quite a few years now. I'm told that they have been proved to reduce accident levels, even in daylight.
As far as I know, this is not mandatory in the USA, but laws change from state to state, for instance in the Carolinas headlights must be on when windscreen wipers are in use i.e. when its raining.
All the best
Steve @ sVc

pbura

posted on 25/3/04 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
OK, then, just wanted to confirm that they weren't something more or less unique to the UK, like rear fogs

I like the daytime running lights. Most people here drive with their parking lights or headlights on, especially on hazy days and at twilight. I have been doing so myself for the couple of years, and it has radically reduced the number of occasions that people have pulled out on me as I'm overtaking. The law in my state is that you must have your headlights on if you are using your wipers, btw.

Thanks for the info, Steve I'm surprised that CMC is handling your products, but shouldn't be as their website is woefully out of date. Will have to see what works out best with shipping and duty charges.

Pete

Gripenland

posted on 11/4/04 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve @ sVc
Ned - In most of the Scandinavian countries you must have running lights showing at all times when the car is in use. Hense Volvos having them for quite a few years now. I'm told that they have been proved to reduce accident levels, even in daylight.

All the best
Steve @ sVc

Steve- You are absolutely right (I work at Volvo). Running lights showing at all times has proved to reduce accidets with 10-15% per year. So its very much a safety issue for Volvo.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.