Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone Had a Whiplash Injury?
scootz

posted on 25/11/09 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone Had a Whiplash Injury?

Got spanked from behind whilst stationary in the tin-top last night... think I got away with only a scuffed bumper (taking it to VW for a proper inspection later though).

Knew I'd cricked my neck at the time, but woke up at 3am this morning with a thumping headache and a very sore / stiff neck!

Had expected my normal back painkilers (morphine based) to zap the sore head / neck as they usually zap everything, but nope... I'm lying in bed feeling very sorry for myself!

Anyone know how long these things take to pass, or can offer any recovery tips (cold haddocks-head poultice, etc!).

Oh, and if someone could turn that ******* wind down a bit (and bring me a cup of tea... milk, one sugar - don't put too much butter on my toast though as I don't want the egg and bacon to slide off!).

It's Evolution Baby!

fesycresy

posted on 25/11/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Get to the hospital.

For a multiple of reasons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Breaker

posted on 25/11/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'd go to the hospital to take some X-ray.
Worst case you have some ligaments in the neck area that are ruptured and these never grow back ! Best case they are stretched a bit so you will have to wear a neck brace for some time. It looks ridiculous but it makes the ligaments relax a bit.
Oh, and sue the other driver for the medical costs etc, blahblah....

And looking at your avatar I don't think you will suffer from brain damage

[Edited on 25/11/09 by Breaker]

l0rd

posted on 25/11/09 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
i had it a couple of yeaers ago.

Go to the hospital. I never did and this is why it occasionaly still hurts.

Read my post at

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=125328

02GF74

posted on 25/11/09 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
surely Max Moseley is the correct answer?

40inches

posted on 25/11/09 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Get to your docs ASAP, you need to register the fact that you have the injury.
Not that it makes any differance, but about 10 years ago I had a whiplash injury, but toughed it out over a weekend,the mother of all headaches, couldn't move my head to the right, no sleep, couple 100 asprins later, back at work on the Monday. solicitor sent me to the docs on the Friday. I got £1900 compensation for the injury, if I had gone to the docs straight away, or, even better to the A&E I could have got more than double that!! Like I said doesn't make any differance does it?

bob

posted on 25/11/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Firstly i hope you recover quickly.

As said above get youself to the hospital/GP and advise your insurance company.

I had the slightest of bumps last year when i rolled into the back of another car in traffic,i had no visual damage at all apart from the towing eye cover popping off.The car i bumped had a scratch on the rear bumper so i didnt think it was going to be a massive claim, the driver claimed £2,200 for personal injury so i guess its easy money.

The following day i saw the driver in a beer garden of a local pub drinking laughing chatting,even easier money.

scootz

posted on 25/11/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

Took a second for the penny to drop...

Going to see the docs later as it's just getting worse!

l0rd

posted on 25/11/09 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
And if you imagine that on my accident the car on the back of me slammed me at 70+ and got £1700 for my personnal injury

Go figure about easy money.

02GF74

posted on 25/11/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

Took a second for the penny to drop...

Defnintely a brain trauma then,

blakep82

posted on 25/11/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, your backs not great as it is, yeah man up, and get to hospital asap

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 25/11/09 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Doc seems fairly happy that it's just ligaments and should be fine in a fortnight or so! Hoorah... sure hope the headache p****s off sooner though - getting bored of it now!

VW are preparing a quote for the tweaked bumper...

It's Evolution Baby!

Puzzled

posted on 25/11/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
wHIPLASH

hOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON
i GOT WHIPLASH ONCE --- COST ME A LOT OF MONEY --- DOMINATRIX,LEATHER,ETC , KNOW WHAT I MEAN??? HAD THE DIVIL OF A JOB EXPLAINING TO THE WIFE!!!

marcyboy

posted on 28/12/09 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
yeah.... the cat of nine tickles a bit!!
Ninehigh

posted on 29/12/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob

I had the slightest of bumps last year when i rolled into the back of another car in traffic,i had no visual damage at all apart from the towing eye cover popping off.The car i bumped had a scratch on the rear bumper so i didnt think it was going to be a massive claim, the driver claimed £2,200 for personal injury so i guess its easy money.

The following day i saw the driver in a beer garden of a local pub drinking laughing chatting,even easier money.

The joy of having a camera on your mobile. Take a few pics and send it to your solicitor with a little note saying something like "doesn't look so injured to me" and let them work it out.

jeffw

posted on 29/12/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Get yourself along to a Chiropractor so they can sort your neck out which will relax the ligaments, & muscles and will sort the headaches. You need to reset your vertebra. I'm a long term back pain sufferer and a Chiro is the only thing that helps (had various operations in the Navy and then disabled out)

NS Dev

posted on 29/12/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
firstly, hope you get it sorted asap, sounds pretty painful if those painkillers aren't touching it, but then I suppose in the neck the nerve paths are pretty short and all that.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 29/12/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Originally posted by bob

The joy of having a camera on your mobile. Take a few pics and send it to your solicitor with a little note saying something like "doesn't look so injured to me" and let them work it out.

This winds me up sooooo much!!!

Why are these claims regarded as free money

Nobody actually seems to think what the money is for, so consequently the payouts are accepted as a couple of grand or so, followed by a big trip to the pub, big laugh etc.

Well to somebody that's actually been injured that couple of grand might not cover the costs of getting it sorted privately, and as somebody self employed I wouldn't want to waste the time using the nhs, but due to the precedent set by the huge number of dishonest claims, a bigger payout will be disproportionately difficult to achieve.

What a load of cobblers.

I was hit by a truck and had my car totalled, not bumper grazes etc but a full 2 ft shorter jobbie, and never had whiplash, yea bit of a sore neck but nowt else.

Would be interesting to correlate the number of minor neck injury claims vs the installation of headrests in cars, I'd bet that if car manufacturers used that data they would be removing headrests from new cars!!

This isn't a go at scootz as he has a pre-existing issue (I believe) and evidently if super strength painkillers are not sorting it then something is wrong!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.