Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone bought anything from Luso Motors recently?
JekRankin

posted on 5/12/10 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone bought anything from Luso Motors recently?

Hi,

I ordered a paddle shifter kit from Luso Motors in Portugal earlier in the year. Its now several months later, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Now beggining to think I may never get my hands on it!

The firm, who are always very pleasant to deal with, claims to have already sent, or at least attempted to send me two units - the first didn't arrive, the second was apparently sent to anther customer in error.

My question is - has anybody else bought anything from Luso in the past few months? They seem to make the shifters up in batches of ten or so, so either I've been very unlucky, or there are a few more unhappy customers out there somewhere!

Its now been nearly 6 weeks since they've responded to any of my emails, and they don't seem to have a functioning phone no :-(

Jek

[Edited on 5/12/10 by JekRankin]

daniel mason

posted on 5/12/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
am sure i read mnr were the uk distributor of lusso cars? i could be wrong but it was definately in a kt car mag a year or so ago!

MikeR

posted on 5/12/10 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think someone else posted on here about having problems with them .......... perhaps a search may provide something?
JekRankin

posted on 6/12/10 at 04:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hi guys,

Daniel, hadn't heard of any MNR connection, but I'll have a look into it, cheers.

Mike, unfortuntaely there seems to be little info on them on the forum. I think you're probably remembering a post from myself a while back - Luso were quite slow in responding to my original enquiry, but in the end it turned out they were on holiday for a few weeks.

Keeping my fingers crossed it'll arrive some day!
Jek

JekRankin

posted on 6/12/10 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like all should be ok now - Just had an email from Ernesto at Luso - he's offered to send me another shifter or give me a full refund.

JekRankin

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
My problems dealing with Lusomotors continue.

I've heard nothing back from them since their email in early December offering to send me a new shifter design or a refund.

Ernesto, if you read this can you please get in touch? I've sent you three seperate emails requesting information in the past 6 weeks and have had no response. This is becoming quite frustrating!

Jek

[Edited on 21/1/11 by JekRankin]

40inches

posted on 21/1/11 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
If you paid by credit card, ask for a charge back ( I believe this also now applies to debit cards) there are time rules,
120 days I think.

JekRankin

posted on 26/1/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
I paid by Paypal but it was a good few months ago now. Too late to reverse the payment unfortunately.

Starting to think I may never get my hands on it and am beginning to feel decidedly ripped off! So far, they've ignored my continual requests for proof of postage of the original part - it must have ended up somewhere, assuming it was actually sent!

Not going to give up on this one, but I think I'll have to start looking into alternative parts as its going to start holding up the build.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.