Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Not a good day........
AndyW

posted on 18/3/11 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Not a good day........

Well after having a busy weekend last week, I had been looking foward to this week end and getting some "garage" time. Unfortunatley on the way home yesterday whilst traveling down the A1, some one decides that they will cross the motorway and into the front of my car.

I then spent the next 3 hours strapped to a spine board and neck in brace. Despite the pain, this was probably the single most uncomfortable thing I have ever had the mis fortune to endure. Anyway after a few more hours in hospital and several x-rays and ecg's (ecg's were to monitor heart as got an ICD) later, given the all clear except heavy bruising to my back and neck. Then sent home.

So no working on the car for a while I did get over to the recovery yard to remove some of my stuff from the car, and was kind of shocked at the damage and also not shocked? I hit the womens focus full side on "T" boned her and I know at the time I was doing 60mph. I did break but literally at the last second. I will photo the car early next week when I go to remove the rest of my stuff, but my point is how little damage there was considering.

Oh well off to take some more pain killers and anti-inflamatory's

So please all make sure you got ya seat belts on and please drive safe...........

Andy

coozer

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that. I see a canny bit of that on the way up and down the country.

Best to keep eyes wide open and maintain the 2 second rule.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

AndyW

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
she was crossing the A1 and was sitting in the central reservation, then just pulled out.
T66

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
My end of the A1 they have closed the cross overs, killed around 7 or 8 people in the last 5 years.

Head on impacts, high speed t bones normally end up as a fatal...

Its your good day !!

Although you wont feel like it is

[Edited on 18/3/11 by T66]

Paradoxia0

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I hate those junctions, they are lethal! People sit there umming and arring as to whether to go and as they spend so long thinking about it they end up leaving it too late before they pull out!

I am glad to hear you are OK (well as OK as can be expected) and hope you get some quality garage time soon

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

pewe

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hope you are soon better.
I can't for the life of me understand why, with all the money they've spent on the A1 in the last few years, they haven't stopped right turns and crossovers.
As you've just found to your cost it ain't worth it.

And don't get me started about the section between Morpeth and further North.......

BOL.
Cheers, Pewe

bi22le

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
A guy at my wOrk had a bad day today.

He was on the way to his speed awareness course so he didnt get the points for speeding and had a head on RTA!

Wrote both cars off. They are both ok. I just find this quite funny and ironic. Also due to the accident he was late for the course and now has to fight to get onto another one. Apparently it's no excuses if you are not there on time it's 3 points. Oh and like that's not bad enough he already has 9 points sonnow his dad has to take them!!!

He is in good spirits about it so have a guilt free laugh, we have all day!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

BenB

posted on 18/3/11 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Being strapped to a spinal board sure is painful. No padding on those bad boys and once you're on it they're usually too scared to get you off until the xrays come back clear...
Dangle_kt

posted on 18/3/11 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
last time I was on one of them spinal boards I didn't find it too uncomfy.

I had my leathers on (or did till they cut them off...)

GWS dude! Think of the payoff.

AndyW

posted on 27/3/11 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I didnt think it come out too bad for a 50mph "T" bone collision......

snakebelly

posted on 27/3/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
tcut and a dab of paint, easy......... very impressive for that speed but would be interested in seeing the underlying structure.
iank

posted on 27/3/11 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Bet the crumple zones have crumpled.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mr_pr

posted on 27/3/11 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
You would bloody hope so! Doing what they are supposed to and saving the occupants from crumpling!!

My Build Progress

MikeRJ

posted on 27/3/11 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
The sides of cars are quite "soft" as well, which will have helped limit the damage.
JoelP

posted on 27/3/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
how was the other driver? I hate those stupid junctions, one stupid mistake can easily be a fatal accident, and lets be honest, mistakes do happen.

Hope you're feeling better OP.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

femster87

posted on 27/3/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
hope your alright bud

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.