Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re post regarding turbo problems
Duncan Mould

posted on 24/3/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
I like pedantic and Chaos, I am in the process of getting a guage to see what it is actually boosting up to and have looked at a BOOST GAUGE + MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER KIT on the bay. would fitting this give me more control over the boost?
eg, being able to limit it ?
I do realise that it may not be anything to do with the turbo and have now turned my search to the inlet side perhaps, never the less I will be pouring over it for many hours to come, if the wife lets me. Which means it is not going to get any attention until the weekend.
Had some great advice from everyone on here, Thanks for all your help and will keep you posted.

coyoteboy

posted on 24/3/11 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Boost controller may only help you limit the boost and might upset the ECU depending on the level of electronic control/sensing, if you modify the boost curve too much you may really mess up fueling if the ECU isn't aware of it.

Get a boost gauge on there (they're available, reasonably accurate, for £10-20 on fleabay) and see what's going on, then work from there. You can always re-ebay them afterward to make most of your costs back. Also try to find out the stock boost levels for each gear so you can be sure what's normal and what's not.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.