Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Misleading MEV
thefreak

posted on 10/4/12 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
There's always 1 or 2 who will try and get around doing things legally.
If you do the kit and dont tell the insurance you've done it, it's fraud. If you're honest, they'll tell you it needs IVA-ing.

You'll notice on that thread most people agreed and said the builder was stupid to save a few hundred ££ on not testing it.

He'd get ripped a new one if he was in an accident and it wasn't tested and they found a lot of stuff wrong with it.

If I convert mine to being road legal, it will be IVA'd as I want someone to check over my work to make sure it's safe on the road not just cobbled together

stig mills

posted on 22/4/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I don't see the point in avoiding BIVA apart from the fee. But when the car is properly tested and registered it is worth far more than it would be with an MX5 V5. Of course it costs less to insure as a kit car than an MX5.
Exocet passes IVA with ease, most customer builds pass first time.
Issues like noise, emmisions, self centering, brake balance, switch labels, speedo calibration are all a gauranteed pass as they are all stock MX5, so back to my point, why avoid IVA inspection and "assume" you built a safe car?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.