Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Six quid entry to Rufforth Autojumble?
owelly

posted on 9/5/12 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Six quid entry to Rufforth Autojumble?

There's a monthly autojumble about an hour up the road from me at Rufforth, just outside York, and the entry has just gone up to £6 per person. Am I the only one who thinks that to pay such an amount to enter such a place is a bit much? They hold a carboot to following day which is about £1 to get in so how can they justify charging so much for the autojumble? I know I won't be going back there and a few of my chums are of the same opinion.
I know there are other autojumbles not much further away so I'l be making an effort to support those instead.
Or is it just me getting grumpy in my old age?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 9/5/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
How much was it before?

Seems a bit steep to me, especially as the stall holders probably have to pay for their pitch anyway.

jacko

posted on 9/5/12 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
With living in Hull i keep saying i would go to Rufforth sale [ never been ] but at £6 it looks like i never will sounds a rip off to me
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 9/5/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
been a couple of times many moons ago £ 6 sounds a lot sounds a lot for an autojumble.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

ReMan

posted on 9/5/12 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Think that's what newark charge now
My opinion? Greedy Fookars.

Given how much they make off the stallholders and the burger vans, paying that much for the privelige of going shopping is taking the pee and makes bargain hunting something of a joke

I think in many such events they'd get twice as many people at half the price?

But, not dissimarly to complaining about Ebay and its rules and fees, what are the REAL alternatives

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

jabs

posted on 9/5/12 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
web site says £4 entry so 50% increase
Wadders

posted on 9/5/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair it's been going downhill for years, i thought £4.00 was cheeky, so no chance of me going at £6.00 Robbing gits,
have they not heard there's a recession on.

Al.

JoelP

posted on 9/5/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Not been in many moons but it used to be really good.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

jossey

posted on 9/5/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
That's mad. Lincoln auto jumble is free. Lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

femster87

posted on 9/5/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
That's mad. Lincoln auto jumble is free. Lol

But dead

sonic

posted on 9/5/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
It is a rip off, all the stall holders pack up and goes home by 1pm.

Took the missus and two kids once and they wanted £14 for us all to get in.

owelly

posted on 9/5/12 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
So, as I thought! I went a few months ago and it was a lot smaller than I remembered. There are too many stall selling new tools but you can find them at any free market. The autojumble stalls were very few and at the time, I decided that £4 was too much to pay to get in, but you had to look at it as a day out and you got to look around some interesting stuff. But now, I'll be taking my time and money elsewhere.
Thanks for the comments guys.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

fazerruss

posted on 9/5/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell that is steep. Last time I went it was only £3 but I stopped going when it went to £4. It has started to go down hill now, last time there were hardly any stalls and what were there were just selling the same new cheap sh1t tools you can buy anywhere with no entrance fee

I went to Newark about a couple of weeks ago ang it was £6 but it has been that for as long as I remember. The difference between Newark and Rufforth though is Newark is about 4 times bigger so maybe can be justified being higher price.
As said though Rufforth organisers are now just a greedy set of f$%*$rs and I will never go again at that price.
Thanks for the heads up owelly.

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

theduck

posted on 10/5/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I can't remember which one it was butbi saw one advertised recently that was £8 to get in!
Retired

posted on 15/4/13 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I was quite alarmed when I saw this thread about Rufforth price increases; I was at the last Rufforth Auto Jumble just over a week ago and the entry fee was still £4.

Rather than simply accept the entry fee had increased I did the right thing and contacted Rufforth by email as shown below together with the reply to my enquiry.

I've been a happy visitor to Rufforth for about a year and will remain so; please don't be put off because the entry fee remains at £4 and will remain so for some time yet. I live in Huddersfield and look forward to my Rufforth trip each month. I hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Hi,
No the price has been £4 since 2009 and previous to that it was £3 since 2001.
There will be no further price increase until at least 2015 and then I doubt it will even go up then.
Unfortunately our rent and rates have doubled since 2005 and could no longer continue to charge £3,
We are motorcycle enthusiasts our selfs and try and do the best we can unfortunately the recession is effecting all of us!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention
Rufforth autojumble team

On 15 Apr 2013, at 17:50, "Colin Wood" wrote:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=169959

Hi,

As a regular and happy visitor to your auto jumble I was rather upset to find the above website saying your entry fee has increased to £6 per person; Is this correct because I only paid the usual £4 a week or so ago?

Kind regards, Colin.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.