Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opening Ceremony
ashg

posted on 28/7/12 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
i watched it in 3d and thought it was pretty good. really liked the Olympic flame i think we really pushed the boat out there on being different, it really did look the muts in 3d as you got a feel for how big it is, the fireworks were also impressive.

overall i think we put on a pretty good show and should all be pretty proud of it. was it as good as china? its difficult to say being so different but we certainly held our own out on the world stage.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

woodster

posted on 28/7/12 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Macca doesn't have the voice anymore for stadium type performances. I think they should have rounded it off with The Stones playing 'Satisfaction' or The Who playing 'My Generation'. Rock royalty who can still put in a turn!

As for Her Maj... good sport, but the poor woman looked exhausted. Time to step aside ma'am???

It be fair to her maj she had just thrown herself out a helicopter

Minicooper

posted on 28/7/12 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
I saw a fair bit of it, had to switch over when Mr Bean came on and also Macca, but generally thought it was very good but what I didn't get was why were they speaking French? I truly don't know did I miss something?

Although it cost £27 million to stage, 80,000 people paying loads of money to watch it and the television rights around the world for the billion or so people watching it on the television it can't of cost much when the income is taken into account

Cheers
David

t11

posted on 28/7/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Macca

I agree...poor old boy has lots the plot, for me I think Emmerson lake and Palmer belting out "welcome back my friends to the show that never ends" would have been a lot better........
jimmyjoebob

posted on 28/7/12 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
The historical side was clever, although was very left wing biased! Remember, it lasted for almost an hour and a half. It was very well done and certainly captivated my attention for the whole time!

The cauldron design was awesome. Unusual and impressive designwork at its best.

As for Paul McCartney's part, it might have started questionably but it improved as it went on as did his voice. As someone else said there aren't many people that can encourage 80k people to join in the way he did.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

scootz

posted on 28/7/12 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
I disagree Jimmy... I thought the crowd didn't respond well to Macca at all. Hey Jude is a stadium standard and the Na-Na-Na-Na's get belted out far more loudly in two-bit football stadiums up and down the land every other weekend!

Liked the cauldron, the forging of the rings, the fireworks, Her Maj for being a good sport, the doves and most of the music. The rest was just a constant stream of WTF!

It's Evolution Baby!

jimmyjoebob

posted on 28/7/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I think anything televised will have a distorted impression of sound - different mikes for different areas etc. When PM was seated the crowd sounded faint and uninvolved but as he stood up they went to stadium mikes and the crowd sounded far more involved. The switch overs were very poor, especially his microphone at the start of his set.

I don't disagree entirely though! I just like live music even if it isn't perfect.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

myke pocock

posted on 28/7/12 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Paul Mc has had two chances to impress, the Jubilee and the Olympic Ceremony and come up woefully short both times. We have plenty of deserving old popsters if thats what is required. I realy do hope they havent got him for the closing ceremony as well (BOGOF!!!)
coozer

posted on 28/7/12 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Questions from last nights opening ceremony.

Are they absoutely sure Narnia not a real country? At least half of them sounded made up.

Why didn't The Congo team come out in single file?

Why wasn't Kerry Katona carrying the Iceland flag?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mark chandler

posted on 28/7/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 28/7/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Questions from last nights opening ceremony.

Also Hazel didn't mention the interesting fact that the Congo are the worlds biggest consumers of the tropical drink um bongo.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Hellfire

posted on 28/7/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've never heard of a country called Independent Olympic Athletes either............

Phil

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.